Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can someone line up an AUD/SBD for me?  (Read 4566 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
Can someone line up an AUD/SBD for me?
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:09:37 PM »
Is there an expert out there? Seems an easy job if you know what you are doing, as the sources are from an F8. I could send links to the raw files. Just need them married up and I'll do the rest of the post production.

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Can someone line up an AUD/SBD for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:52:31 AM »
So the sources are already time aligned, you're just adjusting for the delay?

Just find a drum hit and nudge it over.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline dnuggs

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Festivaaaaal!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »
Hit up Capnhook, he is the man for this

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
Is there an expert out there? Seems an easy job if you know what you are doing, as the sources are from an F8. I could send links to the raw files. Just need them married up and I'll do the rest of the post production.

Depending on what you use for software all you have to do is load both files, move the SBD source forward in time as many milliseconds as your mics were from the center of the stage, listen, move it one way or the other a few ms until it sounds right and you are done!

I use Wavelab. It takes 5 minutes. I use the phase scope as well. You can literally see the scope tighten up when you get it right.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
Sure, I'll attempt it.  Please send me a PM and we can figure out a Dropbox or WeTransfer or something.

Kevin
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »

I use Wavelab. It takes 5 minutes. I use the phase scope as well. You can literally see the scope tighten up when you get it right.

Wow it's got a phase scope?  I have never used Wavelab, but NOW I'll give it a try.......thanks goodcooker.

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:54 PM »

Wow it's got a phase scope?  I have never used Wavelab, but NOW I'll give it a try.......thanks goodcooker.

Ugh, phase scope is only available in Pro version.

I'm not a pro, too rich for me.

Wish I could locate a plug-in....

Offline StarkRavingCalm

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:43:42 AM »
Try using Reaper. The 'nudge" feature is perfect for this.
I use it to line up files from two different source all the time.

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 07:11:59 PM »
Shortened file returned......matrix away!  Glad to help

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
Try using Reaper. The 'nudge" feature is perfect for this.
I use it to line up files from two different source all the time.

D/Led and installed Reaper and took it for a spin. I dug out a fairly recent 4 track SBD+AUD recording I made lined the 2 sources up with the "nudge" feature. Wow, that is a handy little tool.

I'm strongly considering purchasing. And I see it runs in WINE so I can use it on my Linux box too!

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »
If no one else has been able to take care of it let me know. I have lined up different sources tons of time in Vegas.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
So is Reaper the one to go with? I've been using Audition and find it to cumbersome.

Offline Ronmac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »
It is an easy job to nudge when you only have a couple of stereo tracks to align. For more complex tasks (large drum kits with several room mics or complex orchestral setups), or if I am in a hurry, I use Melda Productions MAutoALign plugin. Works great!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MAutoAlign

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.114 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com