Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

New Pueblo Preamp Coming

(1/9) > >>

pohaku:
Just a heads up, Pueblo Audio, a maker of really nice studio microphone preamps, is in the process of designing and manufacturing a battery powered microphone preamp.  They are also designing and manufacturing a battery powered DI box, which will be the first product out.  You can find the discussion string on GS:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/1107671-battery-powered-preamp.html

The web site is: http://www.puebloaudio.com/index.html

In an off board conversation, Scott at Pueblo indicated that he was also working on a stripped down model specifically for the Taper market.  Battery life on his prototype Pre was 50 hours with phantom running to a Schoeps mic.

It sounds like this might be available in the first half of next year.

Given the declining number of separate battery powered preamps available to us, this sounds very  interesting - especially since it is coming from an existing manufacturer of well regarded studio preamps and will be tailored to the Taper community.  While a lot of us have moved to all in one recorders, I still appreciate having the option of running a really good preamp or two in front of my recorder for some shows.

dactylus:
Thanks for the posting and the link!

pohaku:
Just put a deposit down on a unit, so I am hoping to pick one up out of the initial production run.  Pueblo pres keep company with Gordon, Forssell and Pendulum products.  I'm really interested in seeing/hearing this unit.

pohaku:
More info on the upcoming Pueblo preamp:

As of this writing, the ISLETA design is planned to offer 0dB to +80dB of gain, full-spec Phantom Power, and transformer-balanced floating outputs. Depending on microphone powering needs, battery life will sustain for 48-72 hours!  The price is projected to be $1,099 USD (batteries and charger not included).  Size will be approx. 6"x8"x2".   In addition, the design is being leveraged to accommodate an even more affordable "lite" version.  This version would offer unbalanced outputs, omitting the output transformers.  Price for the lite version is projected to be approx. $799.  All prices and features are subject to change.

Scott at Pueblo is interested in hearing what the Taper community might want in a battery powered preamp.  Right now, the "lite" version is the model oriented towards our community.  I have suggested that he also provide a mini jack output.  He thinks he could also lower the price by using less expensive non-stepped pots (the standard model pots are stepped).   That might get the price down to $599 - $699 or so for a high end two channel preamp.  Batteries are extra, but he is building this to use easily replaceable, commercially available off the shelf batteries at @$39 each.

So, if you have suggestions and ideas about what you would like to see in a pre, now is the time to let him know.

FWIW, I have no affiliation with Pueblo.  I just want to see a good pre get developed.

Thanks! 

dactylus:

Thanks again for the update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version