Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church Audio Mic Extension cable  (Read 521 times)

Offline scrtaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Church Audio Mic Extension cable
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »
Hello, I am looking for a 3-5' 1/8" extension cable for CA mics,  When >:D they only come 1/4 down my back as i am a little taller and would like the length with a good quality cable thank you for any suggestions, I know my way around a soldering iron so making them isn't a problem either just dont know what to use
When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance
Freddie Mercury

Offline mnm207

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Church Audio Mic Extension cable
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
Rode makes a 10' 1/8" male to 1/8" female extension cable. B&H has them for $11.

B&H also has similar and cheaper Pearstone cables in 3', 6' and 10' lengths. They are half the price of the Rode option.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
The easy answer is to use a short headphone extension cable. Or just build your own using mic cable and two TRS 1/8" plugs (Left signal wire to Tip, Right to Ring, signal-ground/shield to sleeve).  But in either case keep the run short, ideally less than 10' total from mic to preamp including the extension.
volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values | numeric values > voltages > vibrations > virtual teleportation time-machine experience

"Narrow or widely spaced microphone configurations are preferred. It is well-known experience that pure coincidence microphone concepts are not able to produce a satisfying natural spatial impression, due to the lack of adequate interchannel temporal relations (time-of-arrival, phase, correlation)" -G√ľnther Theile
"The mix of the Double M/S signals with a large A/B configuration of omnis results in the spacious sound that is often desired. This option also provides decorrelated low-frequency signals." -Helmut Wittek

Offline scrtaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:23 PM »
thats what i was looking to do, i ordered the rodes and it is way too long i may just cut it and make a few cables from that also
When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance
Freddie Mercury

Offline F.O.Bean

• Is a 4 channel slut and
  • Trade Count: (117)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:21:58 AM »
Hit "DarkTrain" up for a HQ, Custom cable ;)
Schoeps MK4's & MK41's ->
Schoeps | NBob 250/05 KCY's ->
Schoeps VMS02IB | Naiant +60v PFA's ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's ->
Tascam DR-70D's ->
128gb & 64gb SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Cards

FiiO E10K DAC/HP Amp & E11K HP Amp ->
Sony MDR-7506 Cans & SA-VA15 Speakers | Monster iSport Victory Earbuds

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean | http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420 | http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com