During the snowstorm I tinkered with it for a little bit and found the solutions that work for the software I'm using. (wavelab 6 & soundforge 9)
since the stereo matrix was already done in a wavelab montage some time ago this project was really a matter of learning the software.
I managed to get out 6 channel wav's (LfRf, C, LFE, LsRs) out of a new montage, with each track assigned/mixed to the proper channels no problem, even a LFE track
The finished files ended up around 275mb each, So I'm looking into multichannel flac encoding next.
The Link below is just the first set, I'd like to know what you think. My stereo isn't your typical 5.1.. everything about it is very manual, like I have to adjust the volume of 3 separate sources for every album I listen to.
I had everything set to where it usually is for a good 5.1 mix during editing, but the mix is going sound a bit different to you no matter what. Still, I would love some feedback on it.
You can play it through vlc with no problem. foobar may need the dts plugin, I'm not sure.
So here's how each track breaks down:
LfRf - original stereo matrix with aud source boosted +2dB
C - original stereo matrix with both channels panned center (mono) with aud source boosted +5dB, then cut entirely by 6dB
LFE - same as center channel with low pass filter at 120Hz
LsRs - audience source with +2dB boost
If anyone wants tips on how to go 5.1 into a single wav file using wavelab/soundforge, I got you.