Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

how to dat clone to computer? opcode datport software?

(1/3) > >>

dolphinsmile:
right now im cloning to microtrack, but was wondering if there was another way, simple and cheap?
i have a small opcode datport device but no software> does anyone know where to obtain the software and if it would work on windows 7 or 8?
mucho appreciation in advance

dnsacks:
Personally, unless it's giving you trouble, I'd continue transferring digitally (right?) using the microtrack.  DAT transfers are asynchronous (meaning there's no real "back and forth" between the devices to assure integrity of the digital signal).  Given all of the background tasks going on in a computer, it's surprisingly easy for a computer to miss/skip parts of the data stream sent to it, resulting in dropouts. 

Since the microtrack is designed to receive a digital signal (and is dedicated to doing so), it should do a much better job of capturing the data stream from the DAT player.  And, since transfer of the flash drive to the pc occurs in a synchronous manner (i.e. the integrity of the datastream IS confirmed during transfer), you stand a much better shot at avoiding corruption during transfer. 

What issues are you having using the microtrack?

dolphinsmile:
microtrack speeds up the tape when cloning a 32 dat.
ive fixed on goldwave using pitch correction but its a bitch.

larrysellers:
Import your file as raw data into your audio editor. It should ask you to define the wav details, so set it at 32k, 16 bit. It should now play normally. Resample the file to 44.1 or 48 and save.

dolphinsmile:
thx will give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version