Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Help needed for fixing input on CA 9200 preamp

(1/3) > >>

Popmarter:
Seems like some small part inside the input jack on my Chris Church 9200 preamp has broken. Probably because I stuffed in a jack that had a slightly to big 'knob', so it got stuck next to the preamp knobs.

I looked at the input through a microscope and it looks like one side is missing a tiny 'metal' part. When I shake the unit I hear something.

Now, I want to see if I can replace that input jack, or let some handyman do it. But, I already have problems getting the unit open. Two screws on one end, but the other end looks like it has glue or so. I send Chris a message, but in any way I guess it will be too expensive to have it repaired in US for me. So, anyone ever taken this unit apart?

any tips will do. thanks.

beatkilla:
I have one that's need repair also .

9200 need repair, Chris said not accepting repairs , we who should start a broken 9200 chris church thread.

vanark:
I own Church gear and now consider it disposable given his lack of support and his lack of commitment to his customers that built his business. I guess the Church Audio motto has gone from "Great gear at a great price" to "Better have backup gear".

scrtaper:
any standard stereo input jack should work, the 9200 comes apart I believe, I have the ugly box 2 and had to cut the damn black goo off to fix mine......... permatex the right stuff is far better then using silicone when you need to re house the ugly box

Popmarter:
Took off the case.  A lot of glue (SCRtaper mentioned silicone, probably right). Really no way to fix this. It is all covered in silicone.

The small iron/metal thing came out and it confirmed me I screwed up the input.

Well, as for the construction. If it works, it works. With normal use it should do it's job. I can only blame myself for being a bit to harsh with a plug that just did not fit. So, be aware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version