Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Church mic advice

(1/1)

KISSFAN:
Question for people using battery boxes with their mics. Specifically Church CAFS> ugly. How often/when do you determine when to change the 9v battery in the battery box? Do you look at the calendar and change every specific time period (2 months/3 months etc) or do you look at your output and change when you have recorded 10 shows/20 shows etc? Or do you actually keep track of how many hours have been taped and change after 100 hours or ?
My old battery box battery on CSB would last forever. But these last considerably less and just looking to hear what others do.

ilduclo:
I keep mics unplugged from battery box when not taping, they do draw power just sitting there. I replace mine only like once a year, I tape maybe 50 or so shows in that time. I put a piece of tape with the date marked in sharpie on the battery to make sure I remember. That 's worked for me for a long time. Others may suggest otherwise, but thats a real simple solution.

scrtaper:
I just hook the batter to a dmm, when it gets below 8V i throw it in a drawer for use in smoke detectors, i usually use one battery in the ugly 2 for 15-25 hours, althought this last one i used from over 40 hours so???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version