Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Binaural Mics with an android device, anyone?

(1/2) > >>

thattaperguy:
I was considering a set of binaural mics from sound professionals and using them with and android phone (at first).

It's hard to sneak in a deck and mics some times, so something that looks like headphones and a phone or tablet will probably slip by with no prob.

Anyone have any experience taping a show in this fashion?

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):
I thought they (Sound Pros) sold some sort of mic in adapter for phones.

I'd hit them up.

If you have a hefty budget and don't mind switching to Apple you can get:

1. DPA d-Vice (not out yet)
2. DPA 4061 set
3. iPhone

Mega small, and should be easy to get into any show. You're probably looking at $1750-ish for that setup though.

daspyknows:

--- Quote from: thattaperguy on May 22, 2017, 04:49:04 PM ---I was considering a set of binaural mics from sound professionals and using them with and android phone (at first).

It's hard to sneak in a deck and mics some times, so something that looks like headphones and a phone or tablet will probably slip by with no prob.

--- End quote ---

Come on, strap on those big boy pants and figure a way to get your gear in.  You can make your current gear "look" like phone equipment without sacrificing the quality of the recording.

Last week at U2 (walkthroughs, wands, high security) I got in an NBox, Tinybox, 2 Tascam DR-2Ds, an M10 and 2 sets of Schoeps MK4;s.  Another taper on hear got his Schoeps rig in too.  It can be done.

The Other Chris:

--- Quote from: daspyknows on May 23, 2017, 02:17:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: thattaperguy on May 22, 2017, 04:49:04 PM ---I was considering a set of binaural mics from sound professionals and using them with and android phone (at first).

--- End quote ---

Come on, strap on those big boy pants and figure a way to get your gear in.  You can make your current gear "look" like phone equipment without sacrificing the quality of the recording.

Last week at U2 (walkthroughs, wands, high security) I got in an NBox, Tinybox, 2 Tascam DR-2Ds, an M10 and 2 sets of Schoeps MK4;s.  Another taper on hear got his Schoeps rig in too.  It can be done.

--- End quote ---

Hold on cowboy ;)

Let me just say I've seen this man sneak Nak 300 cp-4's into a Radiohead concert & he used to stealth with a DA-P1. I think he's just looking for something a little simpler.    :coolguy:

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: The Other Chris on May 23, 2017, 03:22:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: daspyknows on May 23, 2017, 02:17:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hold on cowboy ;)

Let me just say I've seen this man sneak Nak 300 cp-4's into a Radiohead concert & he used to stealth with a DA-P1. I think he's just looking for something a little simpler.    :coolguy:

--- End quote ---

"Is that a shotgun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version