Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Extreme Bass

(1/5) > >>

Cheesecadet:
Was at a show last night way FOB and the bass was insanely loud…chest thumping loud all night long.  I don’t know how the people around me could even listen without earplugs.  Totally crazy. 

I was running the DPA4061s and am curious what the best way to reduce the bass and bring the overall volume of the whole show up.  It just has that low distant sound because the bass frequencies took over everything. 

I have toyed around with EQ a bit and rolled off everything below 45hz and then amplified the whole show and it definitely sounds better, but I am wondering if there are any experts out there that may have some better suggestions.  Trying not to raise the noise floor too much.  I am using Adobe Audition CS6 as my DAW if that matters.

Thanks!

Craig T:
dynamic EQ would probably help

bombdiggity:
I like filters better than eq for this sort of thing.  Audition's FFT filter is really useful.

Craig T:

--- Quote from: bombdiggity on June 23, 2017, 02:59:56 PM ---I like filters better than eq for this sort of thing.  Audition's FFT filter is really useful.

--- End quote ---

I believe Audition's FFT is an EQ tool.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/8/10/izotope-explain-what-dynamic-eq-is-and-how-to-use-it

Sloan Simpson:
Multi band compressor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version