Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Value of antique Edioson record player?

(1/5) > >>

lsd2525:
OK, saw this on a neighborhood app. Any of the resident gurus care to venture a guess on the value? They are asking $200. I know nothing about this stuff, but would hate to not consider it only to find out that it's a unicorn.

Here's the description:

"original finish in good condition . I was told to leave it that way. Works great , I even bought more records. I paid 250. + records. It's about 5 foot tall 1'9" wide and same deep .I love it but no longer have room for it. P.m. me if you are serious. Have a great day."

lsd2525:
Well, they called it an "Edioson". Google reveals nothing. Guess they meant Edison?

kindms:

--- Quote from: lsd2525 on November 07, 2017, 10:27:36 AM ---Well, they called it an "Edioson". Google reveals nothing. Guess they meant Edison?

--- End quote ---

Moke would probably be a good person to ask.

IMPigpen:
Looks like an Edison Model C19/250 phonograph.  Not too bad shape.  But you couldn't get much more than the $200 he's asking for it.  That might be a little high too depending on where you are located since they are really common on the East Coast.

mfrench:
They don't go for all that much, unless in exquisite condition; then still not as much as you'd think.
Record killers, imo.
I have a *ton of pristine 78's (*literal - probably multiples).  I built a dedicated player for them from "more modern" equipment; meaning early 50's electronics, with a lighter tracking tonearm/cartridge combo.
The windup feature, while fun at first, won't be fun for all that long. Its nice to throw a power switch, and then run a constant speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version