Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Is this for real or just more snake oil?

(1/2) > >>

obsidian:
I use to refer to myself as an audiophile and I think I still am, but when I see stuff like this I tend to question my dedication.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8ehd6-high-fidelity-cables-reveal-power-1-meter-25-off-ac-cables?utm_campaign=Saturday_Email_20180217&utm_content=saturday_email_20180217&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius#&gid=1&pid=1

EmRR:
Overpriced at very least.  Mostly nonsense.  There's usually some very tiny improvement or change with stuff like this, and price/performance is always terrible. 

Ronmac:
Directional cables for an alternating current supply....  :banging head:

Walstib62:
It would be an OK deal for under $100  Maybe. Their theory is BS. The ferrite cores may be useful in choking stray RF. Other than that...meh.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: Ronmac on February 17, 2018, 04:21:32 PM ---Directional cables for an alternating current supply....  :banging head:

--- End quote ---

Something tells me the type of person who would buy these would not even know what alternating current is let alone how it works.

The same type of person who would believe in such a thing as "magnetic conduction" or that it could "align" the electrons to the center of the conductor!   :yahoo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version