Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: News to me, maybe its old news (VHS>COMP Content)  (Read 4199 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
News to me, maybe its old news (VHS>COMP Content)
« on: December 19, 2004, 11:44:35 PM »
I tried a few years ago to get Star Wars on to a DVD via VCR>Computer, bad quailty just sucked.  However I just learned this trick the other day.  Run VCR>Digital Video Cam>Firewire>Compuer.  Perfect quality.  Don't know if it helps anyone, but helped me.  I got 12/31/95 on VHS maybe its time to upload that onto a DVD
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: News to me, maybe its old news (VHS>COMP Content)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 11:59:05 PM »
i've seen that in source info before, but never knew how to hook the vcr up to the cam.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 12:28:39 AM »
depends on camera i guess.  RCA out of vcr>? (My camera has this crazy 1/8 really long input).  Aother camera had RCA on it (i think)
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 12:29:59 AM »
mine has a plug for mini > rca for going out, i wonder if the same can be used for going in...i doubt it tho.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 08:18:26 AM »

But the IMPORTANT QUESTION would be - WHY would you want to put Star Wars from a VideoCassette onto a DVD, when DVD's of all the Star Wars are available (with 5.1DD audio, which the VC doesn't have)?  Just buy the DVD's or rent & rip them...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 08:54:41 AM »
He said he originally tried to transfer star wars, which wasnt available on DVD till this year. I think hes going to transfer a show next 12/31/95 which is probably not on DVD.

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 10:05:07 AM »

DUH on me... :P

That's what I get for posting before my coffee...

Rick

I've got an ATI Radeon 8500 DV that's got composite & SuperVideo in & Out, and I transfer from my Sony VCR with SuperVideo.  About as good as you're going to get, though this doesn't defeat MacroVision, which CAN be defeated by running it through a format changer (like you're doing with your camcorder), as that retimes/resynchs the video to the secondary standard, and removes the copyprotection...
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 10:27:33 AM »

But the IMPORTANT QUESTION would be - WHY would you want to put Star Wars from a VideoCassette onto a DVD, when DVD's of all the Star Wars are available (with 5.1DD audio, which the VC doesn't have)?  Just buy the DVD's or rent & rip them...

Rick

Rick, I don't think the originals were ever released on DVD without being altered from their theatrical release.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 02:23:50 PM »
i use my ati radeon all-in-wonder 7500 which works decent enuf for my transfers, however the video camera thing still intrigues me a bit.  just to see what would happen.

Offline PG

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 02:50:37 PM »

Rick

Rick, I don't think the originals were ever released on DVD without being altered from their theatrical release.

I have a transfer from the Laserdiscs on DVD, unaltered by the man himself Darth Lucas.

Offline formengr

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 10:24:03 PM »
mine has a plug for mini > rca for going out, i wonder if the same can be used for going in...i doubt it tho.
My Sony's mini plug is both an inny & an outie.  Sort of a hermaphrodaite I suppose...
participo ergo sum
evrything in its right place

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.251 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com