Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: XLR Recommendation?  (Read 11809 times)

Offline danmorgan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:XLR Recommendation?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2003, 10:00:29 AM »
they (neutrik) are pretty damn tight with my km100s, i gotta put some "umpff" into them to get them to click.

Jon, I noticed that too.  They don't lock into place with the 140's quite as easily as they did withe the 480's.

rabhan

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2003, 10:11:49 AM »
yeah,,,,but once they click, they aint coming off, heh.

what i dont like is how they float in the back of the v3, i dont get any major issues like level spikes or dropouts, but they do float a little bit.

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2003, 10:18:56 AM »
I take it the V3 doesn't "lock-in" using a release button?  the mme only snaps, no manual release button...that's why I got the right-angles, little piece of mind they stay in place.

rabhan

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 10:50:09 AM »
no, the V3, has the retainer clips, but there is some float. maybe only a few mm's, but still, i would feel more comfortable if they were as tight as the km100s.

Offline cheshirecat

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2003, 12:56:29 AM »
As a personal recommendation, I'd get your two cables as different colors. I have mine black and gray, but they come in many others.

I also use colored boots.  They are handy to tell L and R apart.  I also use them on my 4 pin battery systems to quickly identify 6v(I used green) and 12v(yellow).  They fit both the 3 and 4 pin XLR connectors and come in lots of colors check em out:

http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=NT%2DBSX%2DBK

Mike
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com