Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Time for an update - please help  (Read 1565 times)

Offline TheWildKindness

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Archivist Records
Time for an update - please help
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »
 So I have been using my set-up for awhile now and I enjoy it and have made some nice recordings, but I am hoping to get a nice open taping set-up as well. The problem is money...which is tight right now. I had to speak with the wife to get the OK, but she is allowing me to spend about $450 - $500 (give or take a few dollars) on some new toys. I have read through the boards quite a bit and have some things in mind, but just figured I would get some opinions.

Right now I am thinking about the SP - C4's and a UA-5...is this the right choice and will I be satisfied with the results? If anyone can recommend something else within my price range..please feel free to let me know.

This is somehting that I would like to take care of within the next week or 2...so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Shawn
bluearrangements@yahoo.com
For Sale: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 & 20 GB JB3 - http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127307.0

Stealth: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3

Open: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 > JB3

Extras: Sharp MD-DR480

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Time for an update - please help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:25:07 PM »
I think you will be very happy with c4s and ua5....Good choice man. youll have to find a stock one for cheap ( i think they go for 1-200?) and Busman2 can mod it for you. I got my c4s new for 280 bucks from www.bbproaudio.com

you have the right idea. I made some good tapes with that combination.

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Time for an update - please help
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:41:43 PM »
I had to speak with the wife to get the OK, but she is allowing me to spend about $450 - $500 (give or take a few dollars) on some new toys.

Translation: I will be spending $1000.00  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com