Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "cvs" what does this refer to and...  (Read 1730 times)

Offline 1westkc3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
"cvs" what does this refer to and...
« on: February 21, 2006, 11:25:20 PM »
Could someone please help me here, if something is comitted to "cvs", does that mean that it then becomes a part of the daily build?  If not, what exactly does it mean?  Also, if one installs a patch and subsequently loads a new daily build, does the patch have to be reinstalled?  I ask because I loaded the clip light patch, verified it was working and now, since I've loaded a new build, it isn't in the recording settings any longer. 

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Re: "cvs" what does this refer to and...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 12:54:32 AM »
CVS - Concurrent Versions System
http://www.nongnu.org/cvs/

If a change is committed to cvs, then yes - generally speaking it would be part of any subsequent daily builds.  As for a patch, that's more difficult to say.  If it required a patch in the first place, it's fairly safe to say that updating to a more recent daily build will likely overwrite whatever the patch did to the previous version.  You may be able to reapply the patch, or you may find that it was version-specific.

Best to ask on the list for the particular software, or at least mention what it is.

- Jason
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com