Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 148 Battery Question  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Dutchman1101

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
148 Battery Question
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:30:09 PM »
Is there a way one of you guys could possibly tell me how the batteries in your 148 are connected or maybe even take some pics I would be more then grateful. My dumbass last night decides I'm going to prep my 148 for the battery replacement I'm going to do next weekend and I took all the batteries out . Well needless to say that wasn’t the smartest idea and now I'm not quite sure how they are connected. I have an idea but want to be sure. I looked in Heaths thread he did a while ago but could not see exactly how they are hooked up http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=29243.msg368317#msg368317

This is why when after a show and you are a little tipsy you really shouldn’t do these kinds of things 

**I did post this exact same thing in the 148 team thread but I'd thought I'd put it here too just because the team thread doesn’t seem to be too active these days. I apologize in advance if that's not cool.**
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 04:15:48 PM by Dutchman1101 »

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
Re: 148 Battery Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »
This thread has some pics of the M148 batteries.  Not a lot of detail in the pictures, but some. 

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=52730.0

There's another thread with a diagram outlining the battery layout.  It might be the team thread?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »
This thread has some pics of the M148 batteries.  Not a lot of detail in the pictures, but some. 

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=52730.0

There's another thread with a diagram outlining the battery layout.  It might be the team thread?

I have been searching and can't find a battery diagram. I did read that a few people might have one but I don’t think it was ever posted in a thread. I will send a few PM's and maybe call Doug tomorrow. I'm such a dumbass. I think it is an easy problem to fix though but don't ask me why I did not just replace one by one.

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »
Well, I talked to Doug today and he has no diagram he can send me nor did he want to tell me how to do it. In not so many words he said I don't want to be responsible for you ruining the thing and blaming me. I can definitely of understand that but really it wouldn’t have been that hard to explain it. All I need to know is what wire goes where. There are only 6 of them. 4 coming out of the unit and then 2 from batteries that are connected together.

I hate to keep groveling but I really need this fixed. I'm going to Panic in Raleigh 4/21 & 22 and need this fixed ASAP. There has got to be another 148 owner out there that has one they can take pics of. I would be more then grateful.

Harrison ???

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »
Harrison, I think that Heath is the one that is intimately aware of the batteries for these things, but I think that he is down getting hitched in Mexico.  Shoot him a PM he'll be back before too long. 

In the meantime:

AKG ck61/c460b's > Segue Dogstar XLR's > m148 > Segue Dogstar Interconnects > Oade modSBM-1 > JB3   :'(

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:43:34 AM »
checking in while the wife sleeps off a grand marnier evening....i won't be back for a few more days.  will try to help however i can when that happens.
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:44 AM »
checking in while the wife sleeps off a grand marnier evening....i won't be back for a few more days.  will try to help however i can when that happens.

Heath man, I would really appreciate it. I'm such a dumbass! I totally forgot what you told me about replacing one by one.

Harrison

Edit: +T and I sent a PM with the specifics of what I have going on inside the 148 and how I have the batteries grouped together.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 11:41:47 PM by Dutchman1101 »

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »
Harrison:

I'd be happy to help you wire it all back together. Do you have a soldering iron etc... If not, I'll bring mine. We can do it some night before a show...

Chuck
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »
Harrison:

I'd be happy to help you wire it all back together. Do you have a soldering iron etc... If not, I'll bring mine. We can do it some night before a show...

Chuck

Chuck,

+T for the offer. That is very nice of you. Heath said he should be back in a few days and can walk me through it. He is the resident 148 expert so I'm sure it won’t be too hard. The stupid thing is that if I had not done what I did this would have taken me 30 to 40 min tops to do. I'm such an idiot! I definitely appreciate the offer though. I still need to get you that battery charger too. Let me know what shows you might be going to.

Harrison

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com