Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 10.2.8/Peak Le 4.01/Coreaudio  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
10.2.8/Peak Le 4.01/Coreaudio
« on: October 12, 2003, 11:37:41 PM »
so, i'v been using this peak le 3.2.1 and not having much luck with my transfers. tried the coreaudio update and nothing improved. lots of digital crackling, and dropouts while transferring dat into the audiophile 2496. i have a stack of dats to transfer and i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong.

my free copy of 4.0 comes in and it wont install on my os, 10.2.2, says it needs 10.2.3 or better.

so i say..time for a clean install. i used norton utilities to wipe clean 3 partitions (8gig on 1 drive, and 10 & 20 gig on 2nd drive). also ran speed disk to optimize/defrag the drives.

install 10.2 from the original install disks onto the 8 gig partition, and use the software update to os 10.2.8. install peak 4, and upgrade that with the new 4.01 release. install audiophile 2496 drivers.

i'm golden....everything is working as it should, although i still think peak 4.01 is a rip with its limited feature set. sure wish they had that "split by markers" that felt tips sound studio has. and i cant figure out spark since i can't find any documentation on it

the 20 gig partition is being used for recording and the whole 10gig i am using as scratch disk just to be safe. after a project is complete, i have been transferring to cd-r and another partition, and wiping/optimizing theboth  disks again...may be overkill, but think this is good policy.

the other partitions of the two 80gig drives are being used to hold the shows i am hosting on my server (which i still need to re-install)

well that's it...just wanted to share that...now i gotta start transferring & tracking. if you are wondering, i'm using a beige g3 desktop , 266mhz, overclocked to 300mhz, and 576meg ram....that is until my wife upgrades her 800mhz g4 to a g5 for her graphin design, and then i'll have the g4

team macintosh!!!
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:10.2.8/Peak Le 4.01/Coreaudio
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:48:52 PM »
Spark is pretty good judging by my limited experience with it. John Kelly uses it almost exclusively, and many other Mac tapers like it as well. I've stuck with Digital Performer for the time being, but it's nice to have options.

-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com