Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: .flac problems  (Read 2146 times)

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
.flac problems
« on: September 30, 2007, 05:55:46 PM »
I'm running a Win XP machine, using flac version 1.7.1 Etree edition and listening to flac's with VLC 0.8.6c.

When I convert my wavs to flac, I find that often times during playback, the audio will end abruptly, although the song is not finished.  It's stranger too because if I drag the play scroller bar thing in VLC past the point at which the song stops, then the remainer of the song will continue playing without complication.  I'm also having a problem in trying to decode many of these flac's which are exibiting these faulty playback symptoms.  Should I be running a differant version of .flac frontend?  Is there a way to fix these undecodable files?  Am I missing a step in the encording process (I just drag / drop, select quality '8', choose output, and hit encode)?  Please help me out, this is getting rediculous!
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
Re: .flac problems
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
did you test the files??  drag the flacs into frontend and hit test.  also try foobar for flac playback.  if it were just playback problems I would think it was vlc.  try installing the newer one or rolling back to a older one.  I'm using the same one without issue.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
I am using foobar with no problems playing FLACs, ever.   ;o)  If you want to stay with VLC it may be a there is a newer version out there.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
What does "WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk 'LIST' " mean?  This mssg pops up in the dos-looking screen whenever I encode a wav.

BTW: I have switched to foobar and it seems to be doing better
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »
What does "WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk 'LIST' " mean?  This mssg pops up in the dos-looking screen whenever I encode a wav.

Some recorders, WAV editors, etc. write metadata to the WAV header.  It's just metadata that FLAC doesn't comprehend and therefore strips out when encoding.  Doesn't impact the audio, file integrity, etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com