Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: power solutions for Denecke gear!? sick of buying 9 volts!!!  (Read 3421 times)

Offline mikesalvo

• Trade Count: (51)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • get your Avett on!!!
power solutions for Denecke gear!? sick of buying 9 volts!!!
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:39:55 PM »
so I run a  Denecke PS and a Denecke AD-20. Both of which take 9 volt batteries. Its been getting pricey lately to power these pieces of gear. What are my options as far as alternate rehcargeable power sources go. Are their reliable rechargeable 9 volts??? How about other forms of higer capacity rechargeable units??? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

~mike ;D
AKG se300b (ck/91, ck/93) > Busman T-Mod R-4

Offline rdfager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: power solutions for Denecke gear!? sick of buying 9 volts!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »
There are a lot of options.  I used to power mine with a 9.6 volt rechargeable R/C car battery.  One of these batteries will power an AD-20 and PS-2 for quite a long time.  They are available in a wide range of Ah.

You'll need to put together a wire to connect the battery to the AD-20 and PS-2.  There is a jack that accepts a 3.5mm plug (like on an earphone) in the space where the battery goes.  I do not remember the polarity for the connection but I can look when I get home on Thursday if you'd like.  In any case, you'll just connect a tamiya connector to a 3.5mm plug, connect the battery to the tamiya connector and plug the 3.5mm plug into the PS-2 or AD-20.

If you're not too handy with wiring, I'm sure someone around here can construct the cable for you.  I'll do it for you if you'd like but I won't be able to do it for a couple of week 'cuz I'll be travelling a lot for at least the next two weeks.
Josephson c42mp & Avenson STO-2 > Busman Tmod R4

Offline rdfager

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:20:16 PM »
Here's what I'm talking about - http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,73971.0.html

Looks like this guy is using individual batteries for each unit.  One battery could power both the AD-20 and PS-2.

I'm pretty sure that you won't burn out the AD-20 if you get the polarity wrong.  You're supposed to be able to put the battery in reversed to turn the unit off.  Don't blame me if it burns out though.  ;)
Josephson c42mp & Avenson STO-2 > Busman Tmod R4

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »
I power mine using 9V LIon DVD player batteries (aka Walmart batteries).  Went to Rad shack, got the adapt-a-plug set, with a "B" tip and an "F" tip.

ALWAYS plug in the cable to the Denecke first, then the battery.  When plugging into the Denecke you can get a dead short for a millisecond, and the battery might not like it.  These DVD player batteries will typically trip a little circuit breaker (or something like that), and then you would need to plug in the battery charger to reset it.  If I plug in the Denecke first, and battery second, I've never had a problem.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • surly tapir
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »
I power mine using 9V LIon DVD player batteries (aka Walmart batteries).  Went to Rad shack, got the adapt-a-plug set, with a "B" tip and an "F" tip.

ALWAYS plug in the cable to the Denecke first, then the battery.  When plugging into the Denecke you can get a dead short for a millisecond, and the battery might not like it.  These DVD player batteries will typically trip a little circuit breaker (or something like that), and then you would need to plug in the battery charger to reset it.  If I plug in the Denecke first, and battery second, I've never had a problem.

QFT

and not only that, but the battery getting reset is the least of your troubles.  there has been many folks who short out the denekes by plugging the battery in first.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
you could maybe try these:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,91611.0.html

tho i'm not familiar with the voltage requirements of the denecke
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »
My wireless gear requires 9v batteries. I use rechargeables in them. They work great, but you'll want to buy a few extra batteries if you use a standard recharger to charge them. I ended up spending the money and buying a quick charger for mine.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline tbrown4

• Trade Count: (45)
    • Tim's Adventures in Sound
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »
Just in case anyone is still lurking around in here, I just put up some relevant for sale:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=132887.msg1741805
AKG C460Bs/A61s/CK61s or CK63s -> Naiant LittleBox -> Edirol R09-HR

http://timothydavidbrown.blogspot.com/

FS: Dead Muppets. Custom "dead rat" style windscreen covers
$25/pair, shipped. Various color/pattern choices
Currently not building orders, the "shop" is temporarily closed. Accepting names on a waiting list.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=137563.msg1786318

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com