Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Please HELP!!! TASCAM DA P1 Battery question  (Read 3639 times)

Offline trevinator13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Please HELP!!! TASCAM DA P1 Battery question
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
Hello! I am filming a movie in the woods this summer and own a Tascam DA-P1 DAT machine. I have only 1 battery with a limited life. I contacted everybody (ebay-Tascam, local battery shops, even overseas) but the batteries are no longer available-Tascam doesn't even make them anymore. I contacted Sonic Solutions regarding the BP 50 battery packs that used to run off of the XLR cable, but they no longer make them. Can somebody help me find a reliable battery source for my DAT? I am out of options and ideas. Thanks everyone!!

Offline taperroy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Please HELP!!! TASCAM DA P1 Battery question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:18:02 PM »
bp-50 battery packs come up for sale here frequently in the yard sale section.  you could also make your own battery, by getting a battery thats often used with radio controlled cars. you might have to get another tascam power cable to  cut apart to use to feed the power into your deck, but the extended battery time will be well worth it...

fyi: my  bp-50 battery packs have powered my deck for 8+hours on a single charge

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Please HELP!!! TASCAM DA P1 Battery question
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »
Making a battery pack for the DA-P1 (or most recorders, for that matter) is pretty easy.  I'm all thumbs, and I've done it in the past.  Try searching the Remote Power forums (one in the Technical Help section, the other in the TS Knowledgebase section) for keywords like:  DAP1 or DA-P1, DAP1 pinout, DAP1 SLA, DAP1 DIY.  If you have trouble finding threads that help, let me know and I'll try to post again in the next few days with some threads that may help.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com