Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 and M1 powering solution  (Read 1826 times)

Offline thinkbig

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • its all good
JB3 and M1 powering solution
« on: August 11, 2004, 07:16:23 PM »
Thought I'd finally show everyone my M1 powering idea which works on JB3's too.

Its a rechargable battery you can get at all " Battery Plus " stores  or from their website.

http://www.pwrplant.com/cd.html

I used my last one for nearly 2 years before it wont hold a charge and it less than $20.
They are designed for portable CD players ( 4.5 volt ) and work excellent for M1's.  I loaned it to a friend to stealth with a JB3 and he had no problems.  They charge from the ac adapter of the M1.

Check it out...

Jeff

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: JB3 and M1 powering solution
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 12:50:32 PM »
I emailed the support guys for this product, and this is what he had to say.  I still don't know if it will work, seeing how I am not electrically inclined what so ever.

Dear Matt,

The Nomad Jukebox 3 runs off of a single (11hrs play time), or optional double (22 hrs),  3.6 VDC Lithium battery.  It requires an input of 5 VDC to run and recharge off of external power.

1.  Our PDA/CD (PN 3202) battery is a 4 volt system.

I do not know the size of the Nomad input jack, so I can't say for sure whether our PDA/CD battery would work - for two reasons; First, the power tip from our PDA/CD battery may not fit the Nomad Jack; and second, I do not know the charging circuitry in the Nomad, which may or may not recognize a lower than 5 VDC input.

If it does accept our power tip, etc, it would be like adding a third battery to the two already on the Nomad, and would probably run the device for an estimated total of 40 hrs, if all batteries are fully charged first.

2. Our Notebook/DVD player battery (PN 1205) is a 12 volt system.

If the Nomad has a car charger adapter cord, it will run very well from this battery for (maybe) 100 hours.

3.  Our Power Plant Encore 632PRO is a regulated 5.25VDC output battery with adaptable power tips (available at Radio Shack if the ones included don't fit).

It would easily power the Nomad Jukebox 3, probably for about 80 hours total.  The 632PRO has a built in accessory pocket, and a carry compartment designed for PDA's, Archos Video Viewers, GPS devices, etc.  However, it is not big enough to fit the Nomad Jukebox in the carry compartment, but it does have a 3' long output cord.

4.  Last, but by no means least, we have the Force 5 & 10 rugged PDA batteries - designed for military PDA applications.  These come in a padded carry case that has an accessory pocket, and a large protected carry compartment that the Nomad would fit in very nicely.  These are 5.25 VDC regulated output batteries with adaptable power tips as well.  I can't imagine how long the Force 10 would run the Nomad - I did the math, but got a nosebleed the numbers were so high....It will run an iPAQ/GPS/wireless unit, that normally runs 20 minutes before the internal battery quits, for 20+ hours. So, maybe 200+ hours?

All of the estimated run times are mathematical calculations & estimates based on the Jukebox advertised run times with the one or two batteries available from Nomad-I have not run any tests to verify actual run times using Power Plant batteries.

I hope this answers your inquiry.

Best regards,
Don Sandler
dsandler@innergypower.com
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com