Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-audio player with 24/96 digi out  (Read 1969 times)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
DVD-audio player with 24/96 digi out
« on: August 27, 2004, 09:54:24 AM »
In the very near future, I'd like to buy a DVD player (or transport) that will play DVD-audio discs and will output a digital S/PDIF stream at 24/96.  That is my only requirement.  my new DVD burner handles both +R and -R, so that is not an issue.  My external D>A converter (grace 901) has AES inputs, S/PDIF coax, and optical inputs, so the format of the digi out is not an issue.  The grace 901 also only goes up to 96kHz, so if the player downsamples 192kHz to 96kHz for digi out, that is not a problem.  (and at this point, while most of my 24 bit stuff is 48kHz, I definitely want to be able to go digi out at 24/96, but 192 is not necessary)  I don't really care if it will handle SACD as well.  it might be nice though.  based on browsing through other posts in this forum, and some other online research, this is the "short list" that I've come up with:

Toshiba 4960
Pioneer DV563A
Panasonic DVD-F85k
Cambridge Audio 540d
Onkyo dv-sp800

now, the reason why I'm posting this is because all the other posts I found on this topic are a few months old, and in many of those posts, things were written like "over the next few months, many more DVD-audio capable machines will be released, yadda yadda yadda."

So, are there any other DVD players released recently that I should take a closer look at.  or have any you experienced good (or bad) things about the players listed above?  Another goal is to spend the least amount of money on a player :)

and another reason for my post here is that I trust you guys a lot more than the sales people at Best Buy.  In the mall that I'm planning to head to, there is a Best Buy, and a Cambridge Audio store, and I thought I'd check them both out.  I can also head to Spirit Sound (or Northhampton Audio) here in Boston, which is where I got my headphones.  I'm sure that they will have more high end stuff, but it will also be more $$$.  and at this point in my life, I don't have thousands to throw at a great DVD transport, because I've got to pay rent and stuff.

thanks for any help
Jason
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 10:29:14 AM by JasonSobel »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com