Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio FW 410...to mod, or not to mod  (Read 5025 times)

Offline daverinuk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: M-Audio FW 410...to mod, or not to mod
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 11:21:08 AM »
Yeah, we had our x-mas early in my family so I may just call Doug today and get the mod then.

The two shows I'd need the A/D for are Jan 21 and 22 in Gainesville, FL. It's a band called Big Sky, their
manager got my name from another Orlando taper that he's friends with when she wasn't in town to do their last
Orlando show. The tape sounded great, esp for a small club like The Social, but when I tried to have my PC shn
an 80 min wav file (so I could get the show to the band quickly) it froze up. I tried to reboot but I think the
registry is corrupted and can't get anything more than an A:\ prompt even with a boot disc.

I figured I'd just get the 410 and do everything on the Powerbook. Anyone need an old Dell PC or a Lexicon Core 2?

AKG 480's ck61->Audio Magic Sceptor Cables->M-Audio FW410 (Oade Mod)->Apple Powerbook G4

"Songs remain. They last. The right song can turn an emperor into a laughing-stock, can bring down dynasties. A song can last long after the events and the people in it are dust and dreams and gone. That's the power of songs." -Neil Gaiman, "Anansi Boys"

"The blues is the sound a baby makes when it cries for the first time, 'cause after that he knows it'll get picked up and it's all show business." - Arnie Lawrence (1938-2005)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: M-Audio FW 410...to mod, or not to mod
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 11:24:24 AM »
there are some tapers down there in FL on this board. post in the loaner section looking for an a/d to borrow ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com