Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: More V3/MME comparsison tapes  (Read 7523 times)

Offline the yokel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
More V3/MME comparsison tapes
« on: March 31, 2003, 06:00:08 PM »
I did a V3/MME standalone comp this weekend @ KW in Denver & just thought i'd share it with those that are interested.  Didn't have any XLR y cables so these are set for set comps.  i have my own opinions but would like to hear your guys's as well.  Email me if your interested in hearing them, or i'm uploading them to Johnny's FTP right now if you'd preffer to get them there.  

Info:
FOB 8th row slightly right of center.  MBHO kh500/603a's & Neumman KM184's on the same stand with the MBHO's being 4" higher & roughly the same angle & spacing.

1st set: MBHO kh500/603a's(FOB:DIN)>V3>P1
2nd set: MBHO kh500/603a's(FOB:DIN)>MME>M1

1st set: Neumman KM184's(FOB:DIN)>MME>M1
2nd set: Neumman KM184's(FOB:DIN)>V3>P1

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
Re:More V3/MME comparsison tapes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 12:24:13 PM »
what is your opinion on them?  It's nice you were able to use 2 different mics and switch em each set!
Phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 02:12:27 PM »
Well, i've been real busy & haven't had time to give them a real good listen.  From listening during the transfer i liked them both for different reasons.  The low end in the MME is just awesome, & the V3's highs are quite amazing.  I'm gonna be followin' KW for rest of the week so i'll post more in depth opinions when i get back & have time to listen more carefully.  My friend that was runnin' the MBHO>V3 will be in St. Louis, so we'll probably run some more comps then too.  

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 10:03:24 AM »
guys these are on my server :-)

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 01:20:46 PM »
whats your server?
Phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 01:40:58 PM »
drop me a private msg and ill get you a login...

btw i listened to these today, i feel that the sound of the 184's with the mme is much fuller than that of the mbho's with the mme, however the mbho's with the v3 is much crisper than that of the neumanns with the v3.

Jonny

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 07:13:20 PM »

btw i listened to these today, i feel that the sound of the 184's with the mme is much fuller than that of the mbho's with the mme, however the mbho's with the v3 is much crisper than that of the neumanns with the v3.

Jonny

interesting, Jonny.  

did you get a chance to grab the 03/28/03 SKB onstage 140s/ V3 yet?  have run the 140s/ Mme quite a bit, but must admit i was very pleasantly surprised by the sound of the V3 with the Neumanns.

i still gotta grab Jeff's 4Vs/ Mme to do a lil comparison.  maybe i'll do that tonight.  ;)

~S  

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 07:49:47 PM »
yea, I would think the MBHO's would be super crisp with a V3, with the BO highs and V3 highs you will get really high ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 07:19:48 PM »
Im running some KM 184s>v3 tonite at the Fox for Bisco...i will let you all know how it sounds compared to the MBHO 440s>v3 from the last couple weeks.  I expect the low end to be there, but in a clear crisp way the v3 makes it to be :)
PHiL

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2003, 01:19:45 PM »
Nuemann KM184+V3+Fox Theater+Bisco=Great sounding tapes!  Probably the best sounding indoor Bisco i've heard.  What i said before about the low end is 100% true.  It's there but so clear.  
If you want to hear em pm/email me
PHiL
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 01:31:39 PM by plucks »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com