Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Autosplit in Wavlab  (Read 6541 times)

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
Autosplit in Wavlab
« on: October 16, 2003, 06:43:19 PM »
well i know we discussed this problem but i cant seem to find the thread...

Well, when i'm recording with wavlab everything is pretty much fine. I tried different settings for the autosplits... file size vs. time theres not a difference.

Basically, if i record over 2hrs (or 1999 MB) something quirky happens. after the computer makes the 'split', it is still recording. the set ends, and when you hit stop, you get an error message that 'wavlab has encounterd a problem, then you can send error report to microsoft'.
When trying to open the first part of the recording (before autosplit) everything is normal. When opening the second part (after autosplit), the file has no wavform.  I am able to recover that data by opening it as a RAW FILE in soundforge, and i'm then able to copy/paste it in the right spot. Sometimes there might be a slight hiccup, otherwise all is well.

Wavlab will also crash if i try clicking the 'reset' button for the margins if its during the 'second' recording (after autosplit). Basically, once it makes the autosplit i cant touch shit otherwise it'll crash. all the data up to the crash will be there, just needs to be recovered by opening as raw data, etc..

I'm using Windows XP, a vx pocket, and wavlab4. If anyone can be of any assistance it'll be greatly appreciated!

peace,
ian stone
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:Autosplit in Wavlab
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 07:15:58 PM »
i have this exact same problem!!!  well, except for the part with the reset button, i haven't ever played with that.
i know it ain't your hardware cuz i have the same prob with my usbpre > vaio.   are you using a cracked version?  4.0g?  that's what i use.
i'd love any answers on this as well....
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline ianstone

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 07:33:06 PM »
yes it's a version that smokes crack  ;D

not sure which it is, i think 4.0c but i'm not 100% positive. I'll check tonight when i'm home and report back.

Simp, +T for having the same problem! :)

ian
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 07:38:18 PM »
right back atcha man...
did you get tix for nye in miami?
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 07:47:02 PM »
i actually haven't had that problem, but using wavelab on my home pc, haven't gotten my field laptop operational yet and I'm using wavelab 4.0c.  try moving the auto split down to 1600 mb...isn't 1999mb actually more than 2.0 gig?  that could be the problem.

Offline ianstone

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 07:55:49 PM »
+T damon, i'll give that a whirl.

SImp- yes, i did quite well with tickets. I got tapers for all miami, nassau, philly. Also got albanys but i cant go so those will be going to my buddy scott gordon.

I also snagged a 'mini-suite' for new years eve. 6 seats, $175 per ticket, but includes free beer/wine/soda/water, 1 phish merch item (poster maybe?), 2 food menu items (catered), and VIP parking. Not a bad deal if you ask me... so i'm STLYED!

i might even wind up w/ an extra taper or so, so if you're in need, drop me a line! istone626@earthlink.net

PEACE! :)

ian stone
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 07:59:25 PM »
i actually haven't had that problem, but using wavelab on my home pc, haven't gotten my field laptop operational yet and I'm using wavelab 4.0c.  try moving the auto split down to 1600 mb...isn't 1999mb actually more than 2.0 gig?  that could be the problem.

actually, i think my math is wrong...2.0 gig is actually 2048 mb, right?  i don't know, it seems to work on mine so i guess it's worth a shot.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 12:23:44 AM »
it's not the split size, mine splitz at 1300 mb
come to think of it i do not remember having this problem previously with 4.0c...then i upgraded.......maybe we got a shitty copy w/ 4.0g.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2003, 02:24:30 PM »
This might sound dumb but I had the same problem the first time I tried to use the autosplit.  On the record dialog there is a list of options you can choose...on the left side.  One near the bottom of the list says "split function" or something like that.  If you don't click that button AFTER you choose auto-split in the settings menu wavelabs won't actually split the file.  It will look like it's still recording but the file won't come up after you stop recording.  I *think* that the first file should appear behind the record dialog if the split function is turned on correctly...
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com