Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ipod libraries  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Ipod libraries
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
I now have two Ipod nanos (8 & 16gb) that I'd like to share on the same Itunes app on the same computer. Can you have two different libraries for two different devices using the same Itunes app?

Offline philR

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ipod libraries
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »
not sure, but you can always create a playlist for each device and only sych the playlist.  that's what i do with my iphone.
Neumann AK40 > LC3KA > KM100 > V2 > 744t

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
not sure, but you can always create a playlist for each device and only sych the playlist.  that's what i do with my iphone.

yeah I think this is your solution. I don't think you can create two different libraries on the same computer.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:30:56 PM »
I asked this question at the Apple Store before and creating a playlist for each device was the way they said to do it.

I sort of like it that way anyway. I have all of my MP3's imported into iTunes, so I can update the playlist for my iPhone and iPod as my mood changes.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline skotdee

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »
You can absolutely have two libraries on the same computer, I do this with my ipod/iphone vs my wife's. All ya do is hold down shift when opening itunes. (on windows, hold down option if on a mac.) it will give you an option to create a new library and itunes will open with a clean slate. Then you do the same thing to choose between your libraries once created. More on this here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
You can absolutely have two libraries on the same computer, I do this with my ipod/iphone vs my wife's. All ya do is hold down shift when opening itunes. (on windows, hold down option if on a mac.) it will give you an option to create a new library and itunes will open with a clean slate. Then you do the same thing to choose between your libraries once created. More on this here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589

great tip, thanks!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »

if only iTunes could see both libraries concurrently though...

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »

great tip, thanks!

Yeah, I'm using this now and it's working just how I like. Thanks!

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »
Another Ipod question:

I have a playlist of about 600 songs that I playback with shuffle>songs that I'd like to play all the way through but there's not enough battery power. Even though I have the device sync option set to off, I still lose the playlist sequence. So is there a way to charge the Ipod without losing the playlist order?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com