Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: conversion questions  (Read 1698 times)

Offline pnobles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ME !
conversion questions
« on: March 17, 2004, 12:06:55 PM »
i am looking for a cheap way to convert my dats.  I used to use a UA-5.  but i also ran it with my rig and didn't like the sound.  Would a UA-1 do the trick for a qucik and easy conversion?  i know its not bit perfect...

thanks
Patrick Nobles
pnobles@udel.edu
http://udel.edu/~pnobles   <- check it out

Offline seekup40

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Re:conversion questions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 01:08:41 PM »
thats what i use and from what ive heard from a couple other people you cant even tell the difference, or so they say

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re:conversion questions
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:11:50 PM »
The Edirol products are NOT bit perfect, so while the UA-1D is a great tool, it will resample your DATs...  Bad...

I think the cheapest bit perfect way is the Zoltrix soundcards with optical inputs.  I bought one used recently here for $25, but I haven't tested it yet.  But from all I've heard and read, it is a nice, cheap, bit-perfect card.

Another option, one that I use, is the optical out from the DAT player into my Nomad 3.  I then dump thru USB the Nomad 3 to my computer.  

Both of these are cheap, easy and bit perfect.  Zoltrix cards are real inexpensive, and right now the Nomad 3 can be had with coupon for $135...  

Good luck!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com