Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

DPA 4021 (series) microphone repair/service

(1/1)

smokenburn:
Has anyone ever repaired the capsule housing for DPA mic's?  What is the turn around time and cost?  Both microphones have some dents in the housing from being dropped.  The mounting accessories with the rubber bands are difficult which result in dropping the microphones.  I don't think there is any effect on sound but I want to have them tested and possibly repaired.

fobstl:
I had the cables replaced on both of my 4021s and the grill replaced on one of them last year. I dealt with DPA in Longmont, CO who sent them to Denmark for the actual repairs. Took about a month from when I sent them out to when I received them back from Longmont. This was with ground shipping both ways. Cost for the 2 cables, grill, check and re-calibration was $438 plus shipping. 

Here is the contact info for the folks in Longmont:

Jarrod Renaud
Service Manager
DPA Microphones
1500 Kansas Ave. Suite 3A
Longmont, CO 80501
P: (303) 485-1025
www.dpamicrophones.com
serviceusa@dpamicrophones.com

smokenburn:

--- Quote from: fobstl on January 17, 2017, 09:53:25 AM ---I had the cables replaced on both of my 4021s and the grill replaced on one of them last year. I dealt with DPA in Longmont, CO who sent them to Denmark for the actual repairs. Took about a month from when I sent them out to when I received them back from Longmont. This was with ground shipping both ways. Cost for the 2 cables, grill, check and re-calibration was $438 plus shipping. 

Here is the contact info for the folks in Longmont:

Jarrod Renaud
Service Manager
DPA Microphones
1500 Kansas Ave. Suite 3A
Longmont, CO 80501
P: (303) 485-1025
www.dpamicrophones.com
serviceusa@dpamicrophones.com

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Sounds decent.  The screen repair for a 2016 Macbook Pro is going to be over $500, so this sounds ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version