Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using an NJ3 overseas  (Read 2345 times)

Offline squalldog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Using an NJ3 overseas
« on: May 28, 2004, 03:57:27 AM »
Hi, I just got a refurbished NJ3 off ebay and I am going to be traveling overseas (Japan/Indonesia).  From what I understand I need to get a 12v-5vdc car adaptor with a three pronged international plug that the car adaptor can fit into.  Problem is the 12v->5v adaptors are hard to find...I was looking here and it seems the 12v->4.5v adaptor from walmart works fine? Should I not hesitate to just buy that?  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Also, do the refurbished models come with new batteries or used ones?  Mine seemed to charge quickly on the first time.
Thanks!

jpschust

Re:Using an NJ3 overseas
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 07:05:54 PM »
just buy an international adapter set, you will be fine if you get one that is halfway decent

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 10:20:40 AM »
The JB3 comes with a switching power supply that works with anything from 100-240v.  All you need is an adapter to make the plug fit whatever country you're in.  

Don't plug this thing into a transformer adapter - switching power supplies can draw huge amounts of current on startup.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 08:55:22 PM »
just buy an international adapter set, you will be fine if you get one that is halfway decent

yup, just got back from italy and all over europe and this worked fine. they have some at rat shack or all over europe.
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com