Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Seamless Merge Tracks In Audacity  (Read 3618 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Seamless Merge Tracks In Audacity
« on: March 16, 2017, 09:33:56 PM »
So, I have four tracks from some cassettes i'd like to merge so I can hear the music without the slight skip.  So far I have the tracks aligned end to end and haven't done anything else to them.  Could someone show me who I can merge these tracks seamlessly?

Thanks!
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline nolamule

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection Member
  • where's my mule?
Re: Seamless Merge Tracks In Audacity
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
Go to the menu and go...

Tracks > Mix and Render To New Track (this will give you a new combined track with the originals in place) or
Track > Mix and Render (this will combine the tracks to a new track in place of the originals)

:cheers:

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:31:29 AM »
Not sure what you're trying for here, but if you need to remove some silence between songs, you could use Edit > Cut or control-X?!

If there's a seam there that you then want to heal up, select over it and click control-J to Join, or in the menu, Edit > Clip Boundaries > Join.

If you still hear a discontinuity at the seams, you can try a quick fade out and fade in to clean that up?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:15:07 AM »
Live recording on cassettes that when I transferred into Audacity and tried to merge each track ( 4 sides ) I can hear the slightest skip or gap. 

I'll try the suggestions.

Thanks.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com