Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon GL1 or Canon Vixia HV40?  (Read 2806 times)

Offline johnieappel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • chapman photography
Canon GL1 or Canon Vixia HV40?
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »
Anybody have any input on the Canon GL1 camcorder? I was all ready to buy a new Canon Vixia HV40 from B&H and then a used GL1 popped up for the same price  of $650.00....any opinions and/or comments would be appreciated.
Cheers!
John

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Canon GL1 or Canon Vixia HV40?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »
I f the gl1 has 3 chips (vs. one chip lower priced units) it' got better low light capacity, other unit is hi-def I believe, but not as good a camera. That said, one has a new warrenty vs. used with prob. limited warrenty. Adjustable audio gain is another consideration, good luck, Bob and Mellanie
Melanie and Bob

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
while, tempting to get a 3 chip, DV is dead technology.  hi-def is hi-def.  there's no way around it.  unless you really need the low light and never plan on watching your footage on a high def tv, get the hv40.  hell, you could probably look for the hv20 or hv30 if you want to save $$. 

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »
while, tempting to get a 3 chip, DV is dead technology.  hi-def is hi-def.  there's no way around it.  unless you really need the low light and never plan on watching your footage on a high def tv, get the hv40.  hell, you could probably look for the hv20 or hv30 if you want to save $$.

I second this!! The HV30 can be found cheaper than the 40. They are almost the same camera to. I bought a factory refurb from B&H for 489$ They dont have anymore at the moment but they are always getting some in at different times.
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com