Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sony vegas 4  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
sony vegas 4
« on: December 02, 2004, 05:14:47 PM »
bah, i'm an idiot and orignially posted this in the computer recording forum.  hey brian, if you see it could you delete that post

after i get done transferring my video and adding the audio in, i'd like to compress the video down to 8mbps (err, whatever the normal is, i'm clueless at this stuff)...also i've heard things about vbr for the video too and i was wondering how i might do that as well.  if anyone could help me out or lead me to a webby, it'd be very much appreciated.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: sony vegas 4
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 06:29:02 PM »
like 8mbps as in a mpeg2 file?  you could use tmpeg for that.  or even better (imo) cinema craft encoder if you have access to that.   i think vegas uses mainconcept as it's native mpeg encoder, you might need to register it though...i can't remember off hand, i don't normally use it. it's just a matter of file->render->mpeg2,  and then choose options to pick out more options.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:43:42 AM »
yeah, 8mbps as in mpeg2 file, i swear i know what i'm talking about, really ;D

i'll have to look around for the cinema craft encoder, is it easy to use?  i was using tmpeg but i was using the free version and i was too lazy to do something about it when the freeness wore out.  i already have the mpeg encoder for vegas and have used it a couple of times, but just used the standard settings.  but they were just for misc dumb home movies and i'd like to make the concert videos in the best quality.

thanks for your help +t

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 02:18:42 PM »
hit me up on irc next time you see me around and i'll hook you up.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 03:46:20 PM »
sounds good +t

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com