Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone have problems with there active 7 pin cables?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Audio DeutchKraft & Busman Audio
    • F.M.Record Company
anyone have problems with there active 7 pin cables?
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:16:02 AM »
i have an active 7 pin from pro-digital.  my out side isnt working.  ive only used it a total of 20 or 25 times.  the warrenty is up and i dont know what to do exactly.  the last time it worked was the next to last night of the deads red rocks run.  the last night no siginal?  its really only a bummer for the patcher who misses out, and so I cant justify the expense of a new one.  any advise? ???
Co-Founder of F.M.Recording 
SD: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Grace Lunatec V3 > Busman Hybrid R4
LD: ADK A-51TL MP > Busman Hybrid R4
+ 48 Channel Multi-track rig

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

http://jmimna.com/

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: anyone have problems with there active 7 pin cables?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 12:22:14 AM »
they go bad after awhile, though that seems to be exceptionally fast. if you know someone who's good with a solder gun it shouldn't be too tough of a fix. I had a friend repair 2 or 3 of mine last year.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline jesse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Listen to more Miles!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »
Had the same problem with my prodig 7 pin.   Just had to resolder the connections and it works like new. Also bought an oade 7-pin because I think these are alot more durable.  So now I only use my prodig as backup.
SP C4's>UA-5>D100

Life is hard. I only have a vauge recollection of when it wasn't kicking my ass.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 06:08:35 PM »
just to clarify (from my experience) -- the prodigital and sonicsense cables will fail if you pull on the wire (not the rca connector) to unplug them from another coax connector.  This is easy to fix if you know how to soldier (or know somebody who knows how to soldier) by simply unscrewing the rca connectors and looking for a failed soldier joint (usually the "tip" connector fails) -- simply resoldiering the failed connector should have you back in business (until it fails again). 

The oade cable is generally more robust because it's a lot harder to unplug the rca connector wrong due to its different design

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 10:26:36 PM »
I used to use my Oade active to beat off the wooks before and after shows.  Never had a problem with it in the 4-5 years I had it. Beefy as hell. You wouldnt believe the welts it leaves on those oily foreheads :D
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:53:24 AM »
I am sending my Oade Active back to Doug for repair.  It started with losing signal temporarily, then full time lost.  I am too lazy to fix it myself now at Holiday season, but he does repair for a fee.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 09:36:49 AM »
Sent my D8's Oade active cable back to Doug.....wasn't getting a reliable patch from my buddy's M1 (flakey - on for 2 secs., off for 2 secs., etc.).  Told me everything's fine, he tested it with a couple of M1's and D100's......don't know whether he fixed it, or just exorcised the demons that were in it, but it works AOK now.......I'm $33 lighter now, though........ ::)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com