Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Beyer MV100 -- any external battery/power supplies available?  (Read 4079 times)

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
I hate to burn through so many 9volt's but a 24v external power supply seems pretty rare. Any experiences/ideas to share?
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline neumannkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
Re: Beyer MV100 -- any external battery/power supplies available?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »
a search pulled up this thread from a year ago
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=22931.0

Now if its true that the low power light comes on about 17v or 15v then you can easily run it of 2 x 9.6v rc batteries wired in series. I run my sax with that setup just fine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 02:59:03 PM by neumannkid »

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:58:16 PM »
I hate to burn through so many 9volt's but a 24v external power supply seems pretty rare. Any experiences/ideas to share?

i'll try out 2x 9v walmart lithiums and get back with the results.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 03:20:28 PM »

marc

sounds good... i've thought about lithium's but they're 3 times the price, so unless they last 3+ times as long it may not be worth it. i'll be very interested to hear your results. i've been getting close to 6 hours on 2 alkaline's... i've had the battery light on for a full hour without fail. thanks marc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 03:22:18 PM by sycosteev »

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 03:24:10 PM »

marc

sounds good... i've thought about lithium's but they're 3 times the price, so unless they last 3+ times as long it may not be worth it. i'll be very interested to hear your results. i've been getting close to 6 hours on 2 alkaline's... i've had the battery light on for a full hour without fail. thanks marc.

sounds close to what i get with mine. i ususally get around 5 hrs. as soon as i see the low batt. light come on, i trash the internal 9v.
i mostly stealth with the mv100, so i can't keep my eyes on it at all.

edit:

just hooked everything up:

ak40 > active > km100 > beyerdynamic mv-100 > m1

mv100 is powered by two walmart type lithium 9v in series.

voltage: 18.57v (no load)
voltage: 18.5v (loaded)

GREEN light!!

at 5400mAH capacity, i'd guesstimate that this setup will power the mv100 for days!!!

marc

« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 03:39:29 PM by leegeddy »

Offline neumannkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 03:38:49 PM »
2 walmart 9v bats in series will be 5400mah
If the MV100 runs on 18v and draws 80ma then technically you should get (5400/80)*(.80)= 54hrs of run time from them
If you dont want to toss down the money or cant find the walmart batts tehn you should go for the rc batts they can be had a little cheaper and are easier to find the ones I use are 9.6v 2000mah they would run the MV100 for around 20hrs not as good as the walmart but not bad.

The problem is that its all dependent on the MV100 running on less than 24v externally, if its possible that it can your golden.

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 05:02:41 PM »
If the MV100 runs on 18v and draws 80ma then technically you should get (5400/80)*(.80)= 54hrs of run time from them
If you dont want to toss down the money or cant find the walmart batts tehn you should go for the rc batts they can be had a little cheaper and are easier to find the ones I use are 9.6v 2000mah they would run the MV100 for around 20hrs not as good as the walmart but not bad.

The problem is that its all dependent on the MV100 running on less than 24v externally, if its possible that it can your golden.

well, this is probably an entire new topic.... but how do I wire 2 batteries in series? i have some radio shack 9.6v's and a charger....

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 06:17:21 PM »

well, this is probably an entire new topic.... but how do I wire 2 batteries in series? i have some radio shack 9.6v's and a charger....

http://www.zbattery.com/zbattery/seriesparallel.html

marc

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 07:47:18 PM »

http://www.zbattery.com/zbattery/seriesparallel.html

marc

Wow! Easy as pie. Thanks Marc! :D +T

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com