Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I know, another gear back recommendation post...  (Read 2014 times)

Offline atxwolfattack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
I know, another gear back recommendation post...
« on: January 17, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »
hey guys. I have a really small rig, and i am looking for a nice stable back for my gear, but not so big it sloshes everything around...

Church Audio STC-11 mics
Church Audio STC-9000 preamp
2 - iRiver ihp-120's
3 ft. 1/8" to 1/8" cable
9 ft. rca to 1/8" cable
Windtech multi-position C clamp
some xlr and 1/4 adapters for soundboard patches
some extra 9v batteries

It's not a lot of stuff, and i dont have a big mixer or preamp, so i dont really need a deep bag. Anyone have any recommendations?

thanks!
josh

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: I know, another gear back recommendation post...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
I bought one of these:

http://www.rei.com/product/747932?vcat=REI_SSHP_TRAVEL_TOC

I have more than enough room for my gear, R-09, 9100 preamp, AT 831 mics, Bogen Super Clamp, 2-9V, extra AA, Bogen Flex arm, cables, T-bar, and some shock mounts.  My wife calls it my man purse.
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »
I can fit plenty into my Lowepro Edit 160:

http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?modelid=70460&sourceID=PRICGRAB

It can fit my R-09, M1, SP battery box, ST-9100, all my small condenser mics, cables, even the bulky Denecke equipment.  The SP C4's I leave in the flight case.

This post is what made me go with this bag:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,92397.0.html
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:22:24 AM by Belexes »
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:54:06 AM »
I use a small hemp bag by ecolution. http://www.hempshak.com/backpacks/hhs1.html

I have modified the bag a little also with elastic straps to hold the iRiver and 9100 pre side by side securely.  A short cable connects them and the mics are run though a small slit cut on the outside bottom edge of the sides and are pinned facing forward.  That is how the DPA 406x are running.  My Church Omnis I ran from the front pocketand would pull them out at shows and clip to the bag facing stage.  A clothes hanger provided the raw metal to make a hook to hang the bag from  a nail or cuphook at my usual clubs.....  The iRiver remote allows the bag to be hung at a height of 7 or 8 feet and still check levels or pause between sets.

This also leaves room in the bag for temporary storage of another iRiver for soundboard patches.  My cable of choice for that use is a 3.5 mm to 1/4 mono x2.  That cable I coil with a velcro strap and run the strap through the coil, pitching all over my shoulder....

If I want to run with a stand, I hang the whole bag from a stand OR just pull mics from the bag and hang the bag at waist high and put a piece of foamcore on the screw of the stand (punching a small hole in F.C. and running the screw through that), clipping mics  to the foamcore.

The mics being on each side of the bag gives a quasi HRTF mount, and couldn't be easier to run.  I can take a few photos of the setup if you are curious and might like to see more details. Let me know.  Good luck.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:58:55 AM by bugg100 »

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 06:43:47 AM »
I don't know how widely available they are in the US, but I use a bag from Crumpler that I really like.  They make a lot of bags specifically for electronic stuff (and cameras), so many of them are padded and they all have water-proof linings...Many different styles available, from small to huge.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »
I picked up a badass backpack from guitarcenter for $20. If you were to see this anywhere else, I'm sure it would go for $60. I found it over back by the turntables, its big enough for one and meant for one but will hold a lot. If you want a brand, I'll find it out for you.

-rs
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.264 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com