Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09HR - newbie questions  (Read 2197 times)

Offline auto_pilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
R-09HR - newbie questions
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:32:21 AM »
I initially posted here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133918.0
and got some useful advice on general taping issues.

Can anyone answer these two specific issues with the R-09HR?

Is there a way of connecting mics to the R-09HR so that I don't end up with a couple of inches of hard plastic/metal casing protruding from the side, to wrench around and break the input socket? A right-angle connector would seem the obvious solution, but I've heard they're prone to adding noise of their own to recordings if they get moved?

How can I stop those blindingly bright red lights on the R-09HR? The one for the remote control, and the square one around the 'record' button.

Thank you.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: R-09HR - newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
The majority of people on here LOVE right angle adapters so if there was a noise issue, people wouldn't be using them. I have never experienced noise issues with any right angle cable I've used.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline auto_pilot

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:52:07 AM »
The majority of people on here LOVE right angle adapters so if there was a noise issue, people wouldn't be using them. I have never experienced noise issues with any right angle cable I've used.

Reassuring to hear, thank you.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
Problem with most right angle adapters is they add leverage stresses because of their body length that makes breaking your deck's delicate input jack way too easy. 

Best is to get a jack extension patch cable having a right-angle plug of smallest dimensions and then plugging your gear into the minijack at the extension's short cable end.  See: www.sonicstudios.com/r09hrrev.htm

This type of patch extension is made by my company and is pictured below.

More information about the R-09/-09HR decks found in reviews/threads linked at top of my tips page: www.sonicstudios.com/tips.htm
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline joaquin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
I use a velcro cable strap around the top of my r-09hr to keep the cable from moving or pulling out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com