Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM M10 vs. Roland R05 vs. TASCAM DR-100  (Read 4887 times)

Offline bacizone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM M10 vs. Roland R05 vs. TASCAM DR-100
« on: April 12, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »
Hi,

I am quite new to the portable recorders, actually I am searching for a portable recorder for my pianist wife to record her classical concerts and chamber music. Sometimes I'd make some field recordings as well, the budget is around 300 USD.

I made some research (main considerations were easy portability, easy setup for recording and sound quality) on several sources (like the http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm) and these are the candidates left:
• Sony PCM M10
• Roland R05
• TASCAM DR-100

My questions:
1. Which device's internal microphone setup is best suited to record classical music?
2. Are there significant sonic differences between these recorders? I mean neutrality which I can not test here...
3. Would you recommend to use any of there recorder with external mic/preamp ? If yes, which brands to check?

thanks,
Baci

Offline bacizone

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sony PCM M10 vs. Roland R05 vs. TASCAM DR-100
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »
Bump....searched this forum for this subject, but did not get relevant comparison.

Any help or resource to check?

Offline techgui

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Sony PCM M10 vs. Roland R05 vs. TASCAM DR-100
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
Consider the Tascam DR-2d for $100 less than the DR100.  It's internal mic's are cardioid which would better if your going to use the internals.  It also has Dual recording features which the others don't.  With dual recording you have the option of using the internals to capture the room ambiance and externals to get up close and personal.  Basically you just have more options available. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com