Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ion for HDP2?  (Read 8263 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Ion for HDP2?
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »
Anybody using Ions on there P2?  From what I've read this would work just fine: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1642
Prvious threads have stated that the P2 will accept up to 18volts.  Just wondering what y'all are using.  Thanks Kirk

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Ion for HDP2?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
i just ordered this battery from battery geek for my P2
http://www.batterygeek.net/BG_9_12_130_Portable_DVD_Player_Battery_p/9-12-130_batterygeek.htm

hopefully it will work, without having to slice the cable and insert an xlr between the connection adn battery. if there isn't a good connection option with what comes with the battery, i guess i'll throw two xrl's in and buy another wallmount for the extra connection
looks like a good option to me, anyone else already try this?
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
That Ion battery looks it would work perfect with my Aerco.  Aerco is rated for 10v or higher.  14.4v at 4000 mah would probably run the Aerco for a frickin' week.  Huge grab.  Thank you.   :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:31:04 PM by spyder9 »

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:48:07 PM »
Hmmm.  Never understood why folks pay this much for batteries.  I got all 4 of my ESA's on Ebay unopened for a grand total of $92.00

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:25:21 AM »
That Ion battery looks it would work perfect with my Aerco.  Aerco is rated for 10v or higher.  14.4v at 4000 mah would probably run the Aerco for a frickin' week.  Huge grab.  Thank you.   :)

I run my aerco off a 9v wally battery.  I was a little concerned that the battery voltage might drop and create a problem but it seems to be a non-issue.

What kind of run times did you get with the Aerco and the 9V?

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
i did some testing with the 9 volt walmart type lithium ion battery and the hdp2.
i ran 24/48 spdif from a v-3 and got 11 hours 29 minutes of run time.
i ran 24/48 analog in phantom power on and got 7 hours 49 minutes of run time.
so it appears that the hdp2 will work just fine with a 9 volt lithium ion battery!
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

kirk97132

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 11:17:21 PM »
Anybody using Ions on there P2?  From what I've read this would work just fine: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1642
Prvious threads have stated that the P2 will accept up to 18volts.  Just wondering what y'all are using.  Thanks Kirk

After e-mailing with tech department for battery and talking with tech department at tascam here is what I know.  The battery will power the P2 just fine in 9volt mode.  I saw in previous posts that the P2 will take 18 volts but their techs will not approve over 12 volts into the deck.  Now I used my business for access to their tech department so it's not like I was just some Joe calling.  Tascam did confirm that 9 volts into the ac adapter jack will run the deck just show a low reading on the display.  This battery rated @ 6.3Ah would run the P2 for 12.5 hours easily.  Now to figure out if I want to splice it into the ac adapter cord since I read that the plug is spring loaded inside and regular plugs don't fit quite right. Or, make a little jumper that could just store in the battery compartment when not in use.  And, by carefully lifting the battery tray up you can solder into it so you could still use AA if you wanted!  Maybe both?  It's just some wire and connectors, kirk

Offline bluewingolive

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sample & Hold
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 03:22:18 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone.  Anyone having any luck with rat shack adapt-a-plugs?  If so, which letter works best.  I run one of those Li-on batts from batterspace --  9v-14.4 6300maH version for my MiniMP.  Would consider another one for the HD-P2 if it's working for others. 

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »
I have the following universal li-ion battery on the way for my V3 and/or P2.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=919

Do you need to condition (discharge/charge) rechargeable li-ion batteries ?

Thx
Ken
retired

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »
Do you need to condition (discharge/charge) rechargeable li-ion batteries ?

NO.  They have a finite number of cycles and they also wear out just sitting on the shelf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 03:02:41 AM »
i did some testing with the 9 volt walmart type lithium ion battery and the hdp2.
i ran 24/48 spdif from a v-3 and got 11 hours 29 minutes of run time.
i ran 24/48 analog in phantom power on and got 7 hours 49 minutes of run time.
so it appears that the hdp2 will work just fine with a 9 volt lithium ion battery!

Manual mentions "RASH Current" of 600 mA.

5400 mAh (the capacity of my walmart battery)/600 mA = 9 hours of run time, or as you tested 7.8 hours of power...

Guess "RASH" means analog-in with phantom???

The 9V seems to work with my HD-P2, though I have yet to tape with it.  I made up power-cables today...  I can always run my 12c SLA if I have to...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 05:47:44 AM »
Thanks for the info everyone.  Anyone having any luck with rat shack adapt-a-plugs?  If so, which letter works best.  I run one of those Li-on batts from batterspace --  9v-14.4 6300maH version for my MiniMP.  Would consider another one for the HD-P2 if it's working for others. 
I vote to make this sticky.
Rat Shack M adapta plug type works going into the p2.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline AlexG

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I'll get that show to you tomorrow, I promise"
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »

After e-mailing with tech department for battery and talking with tech department at tascam here is what I know.  The battery will power the P2 just fine in 9volt mode.  I saw in previous posts that the P2 will take 18 volts but their techs will not approve over 12 volts into the deck.  Now I used my business for access to their tech department so it's not like I was just some Joe calling.  Tascam did confirm that 9 volts into the ac adapter jack will run the deck just show a low reading on the display.
That's funny because when you use firewire to power it and you check the voltage in the system menu you'll notice it's way above 12v.  I think it was around 16-18v if I remember correctly.
Mics: Neumann km184, Avatone CK-1 *FOR SALE*
Pres: Grace Lunatec V3 OptiMod *FOR SALE*
Recs: Tascam HD-P2, iRiver H120 30gb, iRiver H120 4gb CF Modded *FOR SALE*

My recordings on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Manitunes

kirk97132

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 01:51:27 AM »

After e-mailing with tech department for battery and talking with tech department at tascam here is what I know.  The battery will power the P2 just fine in 9volt mode.  I saw in previous posts that the P2 will take 18 volts but their techs will not approve over 12 volts into the deck.  Now I used my business for access to their tech department so it's not like I was just some Joe calling.  Tascam did confirm that 9 volts into the ac adapter jack will run the deck just show a low reading on the display.
That's funny because when you use firewire to power it and you check the voltage in the system menu you'll notice it's way above 12v.  I think it was around 16-18v if I remember correctly.
Yeah probably one of those things the techs won't approve and I just don't wanna chance frying my P2 just yet :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:13:01 PM by kirkd »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com