Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: little help: Mini-MP & PMD-671 powering, festival run lengths!  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
hey guys,
i'm just not good with the whole power thing, so i'm looking for some advice.  i have a lot of questions, and all of your help is appreciated!!

i currently have an oade 6v SLA to power the Mini-MP.  i'm still not sure how long i can run this for, or how long exactly i need to charge this thing.  I have the "fast" charger with 2 lights on it but don't understand how it is supposed to work, ie. does it indicate when it is completely charged?  do i need to run this completely down and charge it?

also for the MMP, what other powering options do i have?  would i be able to pick anything up locally (ratshack) to make a long-lasting power supply?  will it run on a lion battery?

for the 671, i have both rechargeable AA's internally and a 9v lion external.  i also don't know how long this set up will last me as i haven't tested it yet, but can anyone help figure out some estimated run times?

thanks!!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Wmorris

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: little help: Mini-MP & PMD-671 powering, festival run lengths!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
dont know if this will help but I run a mp with a 6 volt eco-charge and get around 6 hrs with it, never ran longer than that, Ive always just switched it out around then, this weekend I ran my pmd670 with AA's and easily got 4hrs of use with them
km184>MiniMp>modSBM-1>PMD670

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:19:39 PM »
dont know if this will help but I run a mp with a 6 volt eco-charge and get around 6 hrs with it, never ran longer than that, Ive always just switched it out around then, this weekend I ran my pmd670 with AA's and easily got 4hrs of use with them
good info, i appreciate that!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »
Yes it will run on the universal dvd batteries (9v) and the adaptaplug with I and M tips.  I have a pair of the cables I'm selling right now.  10 bucks a piece.  Never ran tests to see how long the 6000 lithium ion would power it but I would hazzard to say a pretty long time.

Edited to say I am referring to the MiniMp.

Offline tenesejedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:20:47 AM »
I use RC car batteries for my mini mp. I have two 7.2 volt 3300mah batteries. The mini-mp is pretty forgiving in its voltage. It will take anything from 6volt to 14volt.  One freshly charged 7.2volt 3300mah battery will safely get me 4hrs15minutes. It has stretched to 4hrs30min in some tests i have done, but i wanted to be safe. Recording time may also vary by the power consumption of your mics. I did my test with Avantone CK-1.

With both batteries I'm good for atleast 8+ hours. I'm going to build myself a hot swap cable so that I can switch out batteries without disconnecting power to the MP.

I actually built myself an "emergency" battery pack for my MP that will run on 8 AAs. I'm not sure how long it will run it as i haven't run a test on it, but it does power up using regular alkalines. The bettery pack with fresh alkalines puts out like 6.4 volts or so. Once voltage drops to 6, the MP no likey.

Hope this helps a little.
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:33:26 AM »
well, wouldn't you know it, the cable for my MMP was already hacked and ready for a LiON DVD battery!  so i don't need to do any additional work on it...i figure with the SLA and one of those dvd batts i should be golden...and the 671 runs on rechargeable AA's and a dvd battery.
tracegression, here i come!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com