Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rode NT2000 - anyone using these? Buy it get another mic free!  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Rode NT2000 - anyone using these? Buy it get another mic free!
« on: December 17, 2003, 11:20:37 AM »
Bayview Pro Audio is selling the NT2000 for $599 each, and you get a free cascade XT1 with each purchase.

I don't know much about either of these mics.

The nt2000 is a dual diaphram multipattern ld condensor with pad, i have seen it advertised in a few magazines (eq & mix).

here is a link:

http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/rode_nt2000.html

waddaya think?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 12:07:40 PM by Chris K »
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Chris K

Re:Rode NT2000 - anyone using these? Buy it get another mic free!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 12:13:46 PM »
ad for the rode nt2000...variable pickup pattern, variable lf cutoff, variable pad...neato

http://www.rode.com.au/nt2000ad.pdf

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 07:22:07 PM »
there is a thread on these a bit back, just search rode.  personally i am not a fan of the 2000.  also looking at that free mic i cant see what on earth id use it for, the fq response chart looks like blech.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 02:31:31 AM »
pretty expensive... if the free mic is relatively useless, you can get a matched pair of ADK TL's from Sonic Sense for less than $700... I think that would serve you way better, for the money.

I would also wonder if dual diaphram is useful for taping... doesn't this mean that it would be picking up sound from behind as well?  I personally think that would just add more crowd noise and reflection.

You would save $500 if you got the TLs... that's the price of a W-Mod UA-5...

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Chris K

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 12:16:15 PM »
i guess i should have asked if anyone had experience with this mic with field taping or otherwise.

a friend of mine who has a small home studio is buying a pair. he does alot of small band demos, and when you are in that situation, you can NEVER have too many mics. he has a nice collection of mics already. he pointed to the bayview buy the nt2000 and  mic get the cascade mic free link, and asked me my opinion of them...well i never used rode products, so i thought i would ask here

I realize that rode is not the "taper preferred" mic, but i was looking a little beyond taping, and possibly using in a studio atmosphere.

and as for the frequency response...ruler flat is not always desireable...

-Elvis Presley

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 12:22:57 PM »
im talking from studio experience, and i kind of disagree with the sentiment that you can never have too many mics.  you can- if you've got a lot of junky mics.  the newest thing is rarely the best thing except in a few situations, especially in the studio.  i think not only is the 2000 overpriced for what it is, but throwing in a free POS mic doesn't sweeten the pot for me.

Offline Chris K

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 12:49:39 PM »
thanks for your opinion jp...

-Elvis Presley

jpschust

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 12:57:29 PM »
np.  i even give it when it isnt wanted :-)

Offline tungstengruvsten

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 02:04:02 PM »
I would also wonder if dual diaphram is useful for taping... doesn't this mean that it would be picking up sound from behind as well?  I personally think that would just add more crowd noise and reflection.

Actually that's what the polar pattern knob decides.  Dual diaphragm mics are what makes figure 8 recordings possible so it's not always in use.  And unless you run M/S or need more room ambience you won't stray far from cardiod/hyper/super type stuff.   Omni picks up more of a room than figure 8 does.

I have an NT1000 and it gets chosen for many tasks around my studio above Neumanns and Microtech Gefells.  It has a real thick and heavy quality that's more like tube mics than FET's.  That being said the NT2000 looks roughly the same with knobs on it for adjustment.  also, Rode mics are built super tough, not like all the chinese LD's coming to market(yes that includes ADK)

The Cascade mics are shit though....I got one free when I bought some RME gear from bayviewproaudio and gave it away.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »

Actually that's what the polar pattern knob decides.  Dual diaphragm mics are what makes figure 8 recordings possible so it's not always in use.  And unless you run M/S or need more room ambience you won't stray far from cardiod/hyper/super type stuff.   Omni picks up more of a room than figure 8 does.

I have an NT1000 and it gets chosen for many tasks around my studio above Neumanns and Microtech Gefells.  It has a real thick and heavy quality that's more like tube mics than FET's.  That being said the NT2000 looks roughly the same with knobs on it for adjustment.  also, Rode mics are built super tough, not like all the chinese LD's coming to market(yes that includes ADK)

The Cascade mics are shit though....I got one free when I bought some RME gear from bayviewproaudio and gave it away.

Thanks- didn't know that.  I do know that the Rode NT1 sounds awesome in my home studio though!

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com