Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: H2N Mic/Line In broken?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Patte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
H2N Mic/Line In broken?
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:34:08 AM »
This is my first post here, and I'm not an expert on recording equipment and electronics, so be nice to me.  :)

I bought a Zoom H2N to document sounds in my enviroment, like my little nieces and nephew singing, and our dog barking and singing to the harmonica, and things like that.  ;D I know that there's better recording equipment than the H2N out there for a price, but the sound quality of the H2N suits me fine.

I used to record on cassette tape with two dynamic microphones plugged in to my cassette deck, and the sound quality was more than good for speech and song. I placed the microphones as I liked for the stereo width I wanted. I could still do that, I have plenty of cassettes, but it's not a portable solution. I bought the H2N because it was handy.

I wonder if my H2N might have a broken Mic/Line In? A single mono electret condenser microphone with plug-in power works fine, and it records on the left channel, as it says in the manual. But when I plug in a stereo microphone it still only records on the left channel.

I have two MCE-4000 electret microphone capsules soldered to a stereo cable (signal, signal, same ground for both capsules) with a 3,5 mm jack. This should work, right, and record on both channels? I wanted to use the external stereo mic for a wider stereo, and I'm disappointed that it doesn't seem to work.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com