Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mics on glasses  (Read 10869 times)

Offline Limit35

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Mics on glasses
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 11:31:40 PM »

I have used some methods I am not going to post about here, regarding mic placement or bringing in gear. I think they are good and I want to keep using them. Mics in a ball cap seems pretty rookie and a no brainer, if anyone is learning from that it would seem they are behind the game. Sorry to offend anyone, though.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 11:42:35 PM »
I’ve actually worked with Mr. Hasselhoff. Unlikely that will ever happen again but I get a laugh when you guys post his picture.

Speaking of pictures I want to thank everybody who has shared your creative microphone disguises. It’s amazing how many of you are willing to share. If you have an interesting way of concealing microphones I’d love to add your pics to my collection on Facebook. TIA!!!

This guy’s only purpose here is to learn to bust tapers.

He’s literally thanking you for your help.

You are stupid.

Moke is 100% right. Take it to PM’s. Now.

I think that dude is a fuckin riot. Power to him if he thinks he can catch tapers with what little information people post here. Good luck inspecting everybody wearing glasses

Offline Limit35

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 03:39:37 AM »

I think that dude is a fuckin riot. Power to him if he thinks he can catch tapers with what little information people post here. Good luck inspecting everybody wearing glasses

... or ball caps.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:20 AM »
I’ve actually worked with Mr. Hasselhoff. Unlikely that will ever happen again but I get a laugh when you guys post his picture.

Speaking of pictures I want to thank everybody who has shared your creative microphone disguises. It’s amazing how many of you are willing to share. If you have an interesting way of concealing microphones I’d love to add your pics to my collection on Facebook. TIA!!!

Nothing said in this thread thus far should come as a surprise to anyone with half a brain.  You've really cracked the case super sleuth!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »

Here's another one for your picture collection. This is how the big guys roll.
Hint: The mics are behind the moustache.

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »
^^^^ I find this works well for large diaphragm mics
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 10:43:43 AM »
LD hat:

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »

You are stupid.

+T
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Wayne Kisbee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »
Well, this has taken a strange turn  :alert:
Roland R-05 recorder with SP-CMC-8 (AT943) mics and SP-SPSB-7 battery module

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »

Or everyone who looks like President Lincoln!??

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »

This often happens when folks bring up certain topics that some other folks feel should not be discussed openly or should be figured out the old fashioned way with a little ingenuity and some trial and error. Adding guys like DCiora to the mix who openly come here looking for how to stop people from discreetly recording just fans those flames.

I don't sneak stuff in so I don't really give a flip about it but I do think that the majority of the questions people ask about lopro taping don't even need to be asked in the first place.  :cheers:

Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 05:34:18 PM »

You are stupid.

Wow, what a life this guy has. Some people grasp for anything to feel powerful.

Because he can't get a grasp on his, ahem, "shortcomings" with anything but the most miniscule of tweezers. 

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 09:06:22 PM »
LD hat:

Hold on a minute!  That's for a different thread and picture collection on how club staff can spot people bringing in their own booze  :lol:
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

mfrench

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
r00kie mistake. my bad.

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »

Strange turns like this is one of the main reasons that I visit this site three or four times a day.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com