Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mp-2 gain question  (Read 5874 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re:mp-2 gain question
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2003, 10:16:29 AM »
My general opinion is run as much gain as you need and that is it.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2003, 08:58:18 PM »
as much as I need?  That could be like.....nothing

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2003, 09:50:55 PM »
The tape return business has nothing to do with the 1/8" out. I pondered that same point in Spargey's truck but it's clarified n the manual. The 1/8" out is sweet, just tape it secure. I used my new all right angles 1/8" > 2 RCA cable MP-2 > SBM-1 at Primus. Too bad that tape sucks - no fault of the gear, that's for sure.
From having run your MP-2 once and knowing the basic behavior of your minidisc, and the low-ass output of the mic, I'd say start the MP-2 at 12 o clock and adjust the Sharp from there. Sharp MD line inputs are slightly more than twice as sensitive as Sony portables so that should give you some room to play.
Thank goodness you got the knobs tightened, because friggin fine-tuning the MP-2 at our shows is not a good idea! I ran the MP-2 at 9 o clock, the SBM at about 6 for hot levels at Primus (average perceived loudness) using the MIC out of my MPS-6010. With the 908, I'm thinking 12, then play with the MD. I know you had big problems running the 908 LINE IN on the Sharp... the MP-2 gain stage should solve it. Don't be shy, I think. Maybe even more than 12 o clock...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 09:52:22 PM by zhianosatch »

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »
The tape return business has nothing to do with the 1/8" out. I pondered that same point in Spargey's truck but it's clarified n the manual. The 1/8" out is sweet, just tape it secure. I used my new all right angles 1/8" > 2 RCA cable MP-2 > SBM-1 at Primus. Too bad that tape sucks - no fault of the gear, that's for sure.
From having run your MP-2 once and knowing the basic behavior of your minidisc, and the low-ass output of the mic, I'd say start the MP-2 at 12 o clock and adjust the Sharp from there. Sharp MD line inputs are slightly more than twice as sensitive as Sony portables so that should give you some room to play.
Thank goodness you got the knobs tightened, because friggin fine-tuning the MP-2 at our shows is not a good idea! I ran the MP-2 at 9 o clock, the SBM at about 6 for hot levels at Primus (average perceived loudness) using the MIC out of my MPS-6010. With the 908, I'm thinking 12, then play with the MD. I know you had big problems running the 908 LINE IN on the Sharp... the MP-2 gain stage should solve it. Don't be shy, I think. Maybe even more than 12 o clock...

i never used the 908c with the sharp, but, yes, with my sony, getting good peak levels was burdensome.  I think the mp-2 will be great in this situation, but hopefully i don't have to use this setup too long.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2003, 10:09:51 PM »
Really? I thought you used it at Popsicle 5.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 11:39:03 PM »
Really? I thought you used it at Popsicle 5.

I stand corrected, I did use that setup at Popsicle.  However, I did't think I had "big problems."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com