Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DV-PC how do u do it?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline beefstew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
DV-PC how do u do it?
« on: January 22, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
i need to get some footage on my comp from my MiniDV cam

i only have usb slots.... how do i do it?
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
Re: DV-PC how do u do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »
If your Camera doesn't have a usb port (most don't) you'll need to just buy a Firewire (1394) card.  They're not very expensive.
You'll need software too.  Vegas is popular for PC (I use Vegas), Final Cut is popular with Mac (although iMovie can work).
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline beefstew

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »
If your Camera doesn't have a usb port (most don't) you'll need to just buy a Firewire (1394) card.  They're not very expensive.
You'll need software too.  Vegas is popular for PC (I use Vegas), Final Cut is popular with Mac (although iMovie can work).
thanks for the info +T
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:11:28 AM »
Greatape, does "Vegas" work with "High Resolution" video, or images?
 Thanks in advance 8)
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Offline BlackLab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
"High Resolution" ??

do you mean High Definition (HD)?

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 07:46:11 AM »
Hey blacklab,
 I'm really working only with jpeg. files right now. So yes, High Resolution images. These are slides scanned with a "Nikon Coolscan V" at 21 megapixels. 8)  I'm putting these old family slides on DVD as a slide show, but I'm  not happy with the results I'm getting with Photodex Pro Show Gold. Any help would be greatly appreciated as usual :)

~ Russell
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Offline sabre

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:20:06 AM »
I've got Sony Vegas (version 5) and it accepts JPG images. Simply drag and drop your JPGs onto the time line, add your transitions and then render to MPG2.

There are more suited programs out there designed to create slideshows but Vegas works...

What aspect of Photodex Pro Show Gold are you unhappy with?

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »
hey pluto,
 thanks. The thing with pro show gold, is the resolution of the pictures. The program (as far as I can tell), only allows a resolution of something like 600 x 800. Really weak imho. Everthing else is fine.

Offline BlackLab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
I agree w/pluto  - vegas will do the job but its way overkill

most graphic programs (eg Adobe Photoshop Elements) can burn a DVD slideshow. If you work with photos - you'd presumably need a program to edit photos anyway?

Offline rustle

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
I agree w/pluto  - vegas will do the job but its way overkill

most graphic programs (eg Adobe Photoshop Elements) can burn a DVD slideshow. If you work with photos - you'd presumably need a program to edit photos anyway?

Cool, thanks. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements. I'll check to see the resolution it accepts.
Sorry for the thread highjack, beefstew.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com