Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 2496  (Read 1421 times)

Offline ldseeya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microtrack 2496
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:16:17 AM »
I want to use this recorder to patch in and record at live concerts. Is this the unit for me?  Right now Ive been using a MD to patch in, which works really good, however, you have to change discs every 80min and sometimes it will skip to another track while recording.  I want something a little more advanced.  Please help me figure out what my best option is.  Thanks, LD 

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Re: Microtrack 2496
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
the mt could be alittle clunky and bad news for patching just because as far as I know...
1) there are only analoug 1/4 inch outs.
2) after the 2g thing, youd kill the signal.

Although I suppose if you ran it spdif in, and were coming of a splitter, that it would work fine. I have never patched with it.

any other thoughts?
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Microtrack 2496
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
easy to patch with....1/8" in or 1/4" ins, or coax in. make sure you have compatible cables/couplers/splitters and you should be golden pony boy
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com