Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Are these good specs? Thinking buying a new pc.  (Read 6680 times)

Offline mmadd29

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep
Re: Are these good specs? Thinking buying a new pc.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 08:01:35 AM »

I'm going to strongly disagree here.  The only time you will really save money building your own as opposed to going with Dell is when you have a specific purpose in mind for a machine and are looking to use specific hardware.  Otherwise the prices of most Dell's are damn cheap.  The only bloated part of them is the OS add-ons but that's easy to fix and all of the other PC manufacturers are doing it too.

I think there are points in favor of both.  I build my own machines because I want specfic specs and hardware.  It probably would be cheaper to buy a Dell, but I would not have the specific hardware I'm looking for.  I'd have to believe the exact same machine, (if Dell had access to that hardware), would be more expensive.  If your not comfortable building, or don't want to spend the time then Dell would be the way to go.  I buy Dell machines for all my users at work because of this, and haven't had any real issue with them.  I would make a suggestion that if you get a Dell, buy it as a business.  You can just make up a business name.  The support, is much, much better with business accounts.
Superlux CM-H8K > UA5 > iriver h120 > Wave Labs > EAC

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com