Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Powerex batteries in Monster charger-any issues?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
Powerex batteries in Monster charger-any issues?
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
I am currently in the process of updating the power for my V3 as well and Marantz 671.  I realize that you can put a wally world battery on the Marantz but I would like to try out some NiMh to see how they fair as well.  Picked up a couple of 4 cell Monster NiMh chargers that I bought at a liquidation type store a while back and I'm wondering if I buy some of the 2100mAh Imedeon batteries and skip the Maha charger for now if there are any disadvantages using the Monster charger to start out.  The Monster chargers say "microprocessor controlled rapid charger" on them.  Also, if anyone knows if these new Imedeon are not good for the Marantz that would be good info as well.  I have done LOTS of searches and it looks like as long as you don't go over 2500mAh you're OK with the battery sled on the Marantz 671.  Thanks... 

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
Re: Powerex batteries in Monster charger-any issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
I'm not sure I'm following.
You already have a Maha charger, and the accompanying Maha 9.6V batteries? Since the manual says that you should stick to the same brand of charger as your batteries, why gamble and charge them in a non-designated charger?
Or am I missing smth here???
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline Weirdness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:26:17 PM »
Sorry, I have a Monster Brand charger(as in Monster Cable) and I would like to know if I purchase Maha/Powerex Imedeon batteries and charge them in the Monster Brand charger if there will be any issues.  I do not have a manual to refer to at all and that is why I am asking the question. 

It sounds like what you are saying is that the manual for Maha batteries says that you should only use their specific charger and that is exactly the information that I'm looking for. 

My hope was that I can buy 8 of the Imedeon batteries and put them in the Monster brand charger to top them up so that I can test a: how long they last in my Marantz 671 and b: if they make proper contact with the battery sled so that I can be confident using them in the field. 

The hope is that I can buy 8 batteries to start out without having to shell out for the Maha charger so that I don't have to shell out for the whole 9 yards before confirming that everything is going to work out well.   

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:16:16 AM »
It sounds like what you are saying is that the manual for Maha batteries says that you should only use their specific charger and that is exactly the information that I'm looking for. 

Sorry man, I thought you were talking about their 9.6V charger. Forget what I said!

No problem with the Imedion 2100mAh batteries, you're good to go!
"Compatible with existing NiMH chargers."
http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=426
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline Weirdness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:17:56 AM »
Cool, thanks a lot...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com