Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "juice box"  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Vally1978

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
"juice box"
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »
Ok, I bought this " juice box" (battery box) from minigearlabs.com.  I have had it for quite some time...at least a few months, and tonight I went to use it, and it won't work.  I have not yet recorded with it yet, so I am not sure if I am using it correctly.  I am plugging it into the line input of my MD recorder, and then I try to record to test it and its not picking up anything.  I changed the battery hoping that was all it was and nope, not that. 

Am I doing something wrong, do I need to change setting on my MD recorder?  I have a Sony mzr900.  Or is this thing just a piec of crap, and I should ask for another?

Help!

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
Re: "juice box"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 12:28:35 AM »
do you have mics?

Offline Vally1978

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 12:32:06 AM »
yes, I have one coming on the way, so I just was using my older mic...and yes it was plugged in.  ;D

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:30:29 AM »
Check to see if the volume on the MD recorder is turned down/off.  Just poke around the menu's and stuff, you should figure it out.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Vally1978

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 12:55:47 AM »
haha, nice pic there.

I know the mic is working because I plugged it in directly to MD and it was fine.  I am using a Sony mzr900.

I am very new to all this, so I have no idea if I am even doing this correctly, though it doesn't seem to complicated.  I mean plugging the mic into the battery box,a nd the battery box into the MD. 

<sigh>

ALSO.....can ac adaptors be bought at best buy or other stores alike?  I cant find my damn adaptor. I start taping in one month now...I need to get this all worked out!  :)

Offline Wedge

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 05:03:42 AM »
Just a note - when I first tried with my CMC2 > SP-SPSB-1 > MZ-NH1 line in, I didn't hear anything.

That's because I was trying to record ambient sound through line-in and it just isn't loud enough.  You need a loud source to drive line-in.  A battery box is NOT a pre-amplifier (unless yours has one built-in, you do not make this clear).

Firstly, go mic > bbox > MIC-IN and see if you get anything.  If you get something then you are ok.  If you don't, then there is a problem with the bbox/cable.

If the mic > bbox > Mic-in route is ok, then try the mic > bbox > line-in with a LOUD source.

Also - you may want to try another line-in source such as an output from your stereo or computer to check that the line-in is working.

Just some thoughts.

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 06:52:16 AM »
Well said, wedge.  +t
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Vally1978

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 11:13:46 PM »
thanks guys!

I figured it out, though I am not sure how. 

Now I just need to find my AC Adaptor, or find a place I can buy one?

hm.

If I could give ya'll +t I would. 

:)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com