Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AT853 un-mod cable problem part rant part question  (Read 6821 times)

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Re: AT853 un-mod cable problem part rant part question
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 01:25:02 AM »
I used the 5 pin so I can use phantom power and the SP batt. box. The 5 pin just seems like a good sturdy connector.

The pin assingments above are the ones I gave them, that I didn't realize they were for standard xlr not mini xlr.

I'll hopefully have more info for everyone tomorrow, thanks for the help so far.

5 pin beats having twice as many connectors...

how is having a 5pin less connectors.  Right now I only need 2, one mini-xlr for each cable

with a 5pin in there, you'd have 2 5s and 2 3s, i don't get it ???

You only have yours set up for p48, he is trying to set up for both p48 and battery box...

and you can't run mini xlr to 8533x, it is hard wired

3 connectors total to go both ways,  if he went with 3 pins he would need 6 connectors
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 01:28:02 AM »
Now, if you are running 8533's or samson's you need 2 3pin male  for the mics 2 3 pin female for the mini plug cable.  I don't see a reason to use a 5 pin there...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 01:38:05 AM »
Now, if you are running 8533's or samson's you need 2 3pin male  for the mics 2 3 pin female for the mini plug cable.  I don't see a reason to use a 5 pin there...

i get that, but it sounds like Zaphod is running Samson PM4s, so I say scratch the 5pins

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 12:21:48 PM »

i get that, but it sounds like Zaphod is running Samson PM4s, so I say scratch the 5pins

I would agree.  Just an extra at that point... And they are a pita to put on... Did my 3 5pin connectors and can't say that I would want to do that again... need a clamp to hold it and fair amount of patience...

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 12:23:47 PM »
I almost said fugit when I say the mini 3s. My first time soldering, can't believe those haven't shorted yet either :D

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2004, 01:23:35 PM »

I would if I had the cash to buy extra 3 pins, but at this point I already paid them for the labor, no sense in paying for the 3 pins when they have to fix it for free. I am broke and can't afford it, I probably should've just bought my own soldering iron for the trouble I've had with these. Live and learn.
we are the people the rescuers will never find

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com