Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: etree upload problem...  (Read 1841 times)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
etree upload problem...
« on: August 12, 2008, 04:49:06 AM »
I just uploaded for the first time to etree...  but I have a minor problem.  When I click on the show to download it...  the name it downloads as is:  "save master flac files"...  which is the folder that I had it in. 

I would rather that the name would download as "band name_date".  Can I change this?  I've deleted the torrent and re-tried everything...  and tried to edit it... but I can't seem to change the "download name".  Will it have to remain as is....  or can I change it somehow?

thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:  below in bold type is the example of what I'm talking about...

Show:   Michael Franti & Spearhead_2008-07-24_10,000 Lakes Festival_Detroit Lakes, MN
Torrent:  michaelfranti_2008-07-24_bsc1k2_ua5wmod_yug.torrent (click to download)

Downloads as:  save master flac files
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 05:00:25 AM by uncleyug »
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline 612

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Minneapolis, MN
Re: etree upload problem...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:14:48 AM »
I believe you'll  have to contact one of the mods to delete the torrent. Then you'll want to repost it all together. If you don't hear back from a mod you'd probably be safe reposting the torrent and allowing this one to sink to the bottom...it should be deleted eventually but I'd email a mod to be safe. Link to the new/working torrent in the old post when you get the new one up so people can find the working one easier.

Just make sure the folder is what you want it to download as before you create the .torrent file. fwiw, and this is just my own opinion but you could probably leave out the pre-amp info to shorten the directory name a bit just because it'll be in the .txt file. Then again it's cool if you want to leave it in there as well.

michaelfranti2008-07-24.bsc1k2.ua5wmod.yug.flac16
michaelfranti2008-07-24.bsc1k2.yug.flac16
Empty's Tapes & My recordings on the LMA

"Keep active, stay positive..." - a wise man

Offline grtphl

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • deadheadynugs
    • Free Live Music Archive - daja@dayjay
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »
Just make sure the folder is what you want it to download as before you create the .torrent file.
^

Because you selected the directory named 'save master flac files' to create the *.torrent out of, it'll output that same folder name for all who download it.  Name your folder how you want the downloaded folder to read, and create the *.torrent out of that.

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »
I believe you'll  have to contact one of the mods to delete the torrent. Then you'll want to repost it all together. If you don't hear back from a mod you'd probably be safe reposting the torrent and allowing this one to sink to the bottom...it should be deleted eventually but I'd email a mod to be safe. Link to the new/working torrent in the old post when you get the new one up so people can find the working one easier.

You do not have to contact a MOD to delete the torrent from etree....... If you view the torrent you uploaded there will be and "edit torrent" link in bold on the page. Click on that, go to the bottom of the page and check the "delete torrent" box, hit, ok...... you are done.

Just make sure you don't have a lot of leechers hanging on it, maybe post a comment telling everyone you will be deleting it (I know a lot don't read the comments though) and you may want to include *FIXED* in the new description of your new torrent so folks don't pass on it thinking they have it already...... If no one grabbed it yet then that shouldn't be a problem.
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:42:30 PM »
Cool...  thanks all...  +t's around!  I'll try the suggested ideas...  and I don't think that I've actually seeded it yet, so it shouldn't be out there yet.

Thanks!

edit:  I'm all good!  I finally made a completely new torrent and things are fine!  My mistake was that I kept moving the original torrent to different folders...  but it was still the same torrent.  So, it finally "clicked" that I needed to make a new one...  I'm a bit slow...  but when I get goin'...  watch out!   :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:59:59 PM by uncleyug »
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com